Kelty Backcountry

This backpack child carrier has served us very well.

This backpack child carrier has served us very well. Our daughter is now 3 years old and it has safely carried her to the Poucupine Mountains, Pictured Rock National Lakeshore and numerous other beautiful places here in Michigan.

When she was 22 months old I fell on a wet rock creek bed and landed on top of her. We were miles from help and as I saw the look of terror on my wife's face I got up as quickly as possible to check on my daughter. I weigh 200 lbs and all of my weight fell on the pack and on her. SHE DID NOT HAVE A SCRATCH! We were both shaken up and the stand hinge was broken and the leg bent, but she was fine!!! To top it off I called Kelty to thank them and they said to ship it back to them and they would fix it for free!!!

This backpack is the best and so is Kelty.

The Kelty Backcountry Kid Carrier is a technical Kid Carrier pack for backcountry hiking and long excursions. With the included sun/rain hood, neither rain nor sun will ruin your trip.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Kelty Back Country child carrier is designed for the performance-oriented parent with curved, molded shoulder straps and an adjustable child cockpit that includes a removable pad. The padded, molded backpanel, sternum strap and Scherer Cinch waistbelt system ensure secure and comfortable carrying. It also features toys loops, a removable kid pack with shoulder straps and a rain/sun hood.

- FogDog Sports

Kelty Backcountry

The Backcountry has been discontinued.

The Kelty Backcountry is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 2, 2006 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new child carrier, check out the best reviewed current models.