Kelty Blanca 2000

After many years of day hiking with an old Jansport…

Design: Daypack
Size: 2000 Ci
Number of Pockets: Numerous
Height of Owner: 5'9"

After many years of day hiking with an old Jansport bookbag/backpack, I finally splurged on the Kelty in 2002 when planning a trip to the rainforest in Puerto Rico and my hiking excursions were becoming longer with higher difficulty.

I like that it's a hydration pack, or not if you remove the bladder. It's been very durable. Has lots of space that can easily suffice for more than just day hikes and a good selection of pockets/pouches/dividers. The harness is comfortable and infinitely adjustable but the pack is pretty hot against your back in Summer. The built in rain cover was appreciated right away in the rainforest.

It does everything I need of it and I haven't regretted the purchase yet. The quality of the build was a deciding factor in recently buying a Kelty tent.

This is my third replacement for this model pack.

Design: internal
Size: not sure
Number of Pockets: more than adequate
Max. Load Carried: 20 pounds
Height of Owner: 5'4"
Price Paid: company replacement

This is my third replacement for this model pack. I love the way the pack is laid out - it is spacious and is everything I want in a pack.

The problem with this, and the other two similar models is, that after a couple of years of once a week use, part of the internal frame suddenly must somehow dislodge, and pokes me on each of my hipbones. This time, I was doing a dayhike in Newfoundland, and was not sure why my hipbones were so sore. It was a difficult hike, and I chalked it up to that.

Next day, the same story. My hipbones felt sore and bruised. A closer investigation showed that there were two knobs (I think it was part of an internal frame of some kind) somehow had shifted and were the culprits. I had miles to go on a very difficult trail with this rubbing my hip bones on each step. This is the third time this has happened.

If anyone has had a similar experience, or can tell me what the problem is, please let me know. Kelty has replaced the pack two times, but I just don't want to deal with this kind of problem anymore. My pack weights, at max, probably 20 pounds but most times I would say it is more like 15 pounds. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

From hiking for a weekend to carrying a full class…

From hiking for a weekend to carrying a full class load of books this pack is very, very durable.

For those awe-inspiring day-long hikes, bring a Kelty hydration daypack for all your essentials. Source hydration system has leak-proof valve Breathable pack suspension Foam-padded shoulder straps Multitude of well-placed pockets High-visibility pull-out raincover 2-liter hydration system Delrin Arch-supported back panel Size (LxWxD): 21x12x12" Capacity: 2000 cu.in. Weight: 3 lb. 2 oz. Fabric: 100% nylon CLOSEOUTS . Philippines.

- Sierra Trading Post

The Kelty Blanca 2000 cu-in men's backpack is a well-roganized, versatile hydration pack that easily travels from trail to town. It features a large front pocket with organization, a shovel pocket, an internal load pocket, and much more. The suspension system combines padded shoulder straps, a breatable backpanel, a removable waistbelt, a sternum strap, and a Delrin arch support.

- FogDog Sports

The Kelty Blanca easily transitions from the weekday office to the weekend trail. The large back pocket that holds a cycling helmet and included water reservoir make this an excellent choice for those who bike to work.

- Backcountry Outlet

With over 50 years experience in building packs, Kelty brings an innovative hydration system to this versatile trail-to-town daypack. Internal reservoir sleeve and hydration tube port for 2-liter taste-free, bacteria-free Source® Novell™ hydration reservoir (included). Panel-loading main compartment, plus an internal slab pocket, large front pocket and mesh pockets keep everything organized. Front zippered pocket doubles as a compression pocket for stowing jackets, clothing and extras. Front mesh pouch, daisy chain and side mesh pockets allow for carrying of extra, bulky gear and water bottles. Ultra-breathable BROCK Foam™ offers exceptional cushioning and cooling comfort, on and off the trail. Fully adjustable, padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap and a stowable, padded waistbelt with pockets keep load secure and comfortable. Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying. Bottom gear loop and daisy chain let you lash on or clip on extra gear, keeping it within easy reach. Made of Shadow Rip fabric and abrasion-resistant Kodra® nylon, tough and durable to withstand the trail. Closeout.

Kelty Blanca 2000

The Blanca 2000 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Blanca 2000 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 19, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.