Kelty Cache Hauler (Frame Only)

Weight 6 lb 1 oz / 2.7 kg
Width 16 in / 41 cm
Length 32 in / 81 cm

I bought this pack specifically to haul with. I also…

Design: frame pack
Max. Load Carried: 120 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'2"

I bought this pack specifically to haul with. I also used it to carry dry bags with.

My hauling mostly consisted of bear bait and gear, I went 2 miles in and 2 miles out three times a week for a 3 months in not too bad of terrain, but it was steep going in and all downhill going out. I generally carried 60 lbs with one load topping out at 120 lbs and came back mostly empty(about 15 lbs).

The good news is that this pack was extremely comfortable, and very easy to attach odd size stuff to. I carried everything from feed sacks to 30 gallon drums to 5 gallons of gas and a 2 stroke 3.5 hp motor on it. If the flaps don't fit just bungee or ratchet strap the load on.

The bad news is that I had to replace the bottom pins with bolts the 3rd time out, however I managed to make it in fully loaded with one pin busted before I noticed. The holes have started to round out and you can see the stress on the metal.

I gave it 3.5 stars because it is very comfortable and versatile and I don't think anyone would have a problem with it if they stayed reasonable on the load.

I just need a pack that will take more weight. I am going to try the Mystery Ranch NICE or Kifaru longhunter hauler next, I haven't decided which.

Visit Kelty's Cache Hauler (Frame Only) page.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Kelty Cache Hauler Frame SPECIFICATIONS of the Kelty Cache Hauler Frame Torso Fit Range: 16 - 22in. / 41 - 56 cm Weight: 5 lbs 7 oz / 2.4 kg Dimension: 31 x 15 x 14in. / 79 x 38 x 36 cm

The frame for the Cache Hauler. Designed to carry big loads comfortably. Packbag sold separately. Suspension Features: Binocular clips offer a convenient, shoulder-strap mounted attachment point, and clip system keeps binoculars handy and secure. Slip-resistant Hypalon(R) pads are quiet and flexible to keep firearms stable. Wicking backpanel Padded waistbelt Padded shoulder straps Load-lifter straps Sternum strap with whistle Belt stabilizers Scherer Cinch(TM) (US Pat #5,465,886) Length: 28.5" / 72 cm Width: 22" / 56 cm Height: 14" / 36 cm Volume: 3450 in3 / 56.6 Weight: 9 lb. 2 oz. / 4.1 kg Torso Fit Range: 16-22" / 41-56 cm Body Fabric: 900D nylon packcloth

- Rocky Mountain Trail

With a large sturdy aluminum frame and plush suspension straps youll be able to get large amounts of gear in and out or your camp easily and comfortable with the Kelty Cache Hauler External Frame. Multiple lash points and a hinged fold down base let you strap down your load for a stable ride and with a stabilizing waist belt and sternum strap youll feel secure toting your cargo long distances. A moisture wicking backpanel improves air circulation and allows sweat to evaporate to keep you cool as you lug heavy weights over uneven terrain and with a padded hydration sleeve youll stay well watered as you exert yourself. On its own or paired with the Kelty Cache Packbag this lightweight tough external frame is perfect for hunting, camping or any trip that takes you deep into the field.

- Altrec Outdoors

A boon for camp outfitters, the super-sturdy aluminum Kelty Cache Hauler Frame is designed to carry big loads comfortably.