Kelty Chuckwagon

BEST DOG BACKPACK IN THE WORLD! I use it for extended…

Price Paid: $27 used

BEST DOG BACKPACK IN THE WORLD!

I use it for extended walks with my dog, Captain Morgan, who is a yellow lab. Fits everything I could ever want it to carry...bags, travel bowl, short car leash with seatbelt, things I don't want The Man to find.

My dog absolutely loves it too. he goes ape sh*t every time he sees me grab it off the wall. I also get tons of compliments and comments...most people thinking he is a working service dog.

Oh ya, speaking of that, I have brought my dog on the local public transportation Tri-Rail and played him off as my service dog. FOOLS! Oh well, I would highly recommend to anyone with an active outdoor dog.

For big investments, I buy for quality, not price. Kelty is top of the line in my book.

I have a yellow Lab. He absolutely loves it. He goes…

I have a yellow Lab. He absolutely loves it. He goes ape sh*t when he sees me grab it. Makes him feel important. I usually put water bottles, food, his bowl, bags, and other small items in the dual expandable pocks. Has 2 D rings, one with a bearbell (which broke :-() to hook a leash onto and also has a top carry handle to assist over high things or to lift into my jeep (it's kinda high off the ground for him to jump into at 9yo).

This is the perfect thing for my dog. I also have a BambooPet 3ft leash that has a seat belt clip connected, so that is our car traveling leash. My lab is 90Lbs. After measuring his girth, I saw that the large size would be best (I ordered online). It was WAY too big for him, so I returned it and finally grabbed a medium on eBay. It slides around a bit, soIi adjust it often, but he's also very active.

Again, you can't go wrong with the Kelty name. Excellent construction with a hip look!

With the Kelty Chuck Wagon Dog Pack, your best friend will also be an equal as they do their own packing in and out. Expandable saddlebags adjust to the size of a load and an internal organizer will keep you from reaching for the poo instead of the food. The adjustable harness prevents chafing, and padded buckles protect Rover's belly and chest from abrasion. Plus, the rugged construction of ripstop nylon protects the pack from tree scrapes and river rock. There's also an easy-grip handle for hoisting over logs and boulders, a removable bear bell to ward off unwanted stalkers and 3M reflective tape for stray evenings.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Kelty Chuckwagon lets your pet carry its own food, poop bags and supplies. Convenient expandable pouches adjust to the size of a load.

- SunnySports

Let your dog carry its own food and supplies. Convenient expandable pouches adjust to fit the size of the pack load.Top grab handle to assist dogs over obstacles on the trail.Adjustable padded harness for a perfect fit.Zip pockets, and padded buckles.3M Scotchlite reflective tape for enhanced nighttime visibility.Oversized zippers and a removable bear bell.Made with ripstop nylonWeight: 1 lb. 4 oz.Capacity: 920-1030 cu. in.Fits dogs 85+ lbs. with 32"- 49" girth.Color: Red.

- Campmor

Where I come from, you pack your own gear for a trip. "You can bring whatever you want, but you have to carry it or leave it behind" my dad would say. Why should the dogs get off easier. Have the dogs carry their own food and supplies so you can pack more creature comforts. Features: Easy access expandable saddle bags, nylon ripstop construction, grab handle, 3M reflective tape, and padded buckles.

- Teton Village Sports

Let your pet carry its own food, poop bags and supplies. Convenient expandable pouches adjust to the size of a load. Even includes a bear bell.

- Altrec Outdoors

Kelty Chuckwagon

The Chuckwagon has been discontinued.

The Kelty Chuckwagon is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 26, 2011 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new dog pack, check out the best reviewed current models.