Another great Kelty product! This was my first backpack…

Another great Kelty product! This was my first backpack that I have owned. It has proven itself to be a sturdy piece of equipment.

I bought it at Academy Monroe, LA. I loaded it in the store with about 35lbs then tried it on. It fit great and was very comfortable. Although I'm sure I looked like an oddball walking around the store with it on. But if you're going to invest in equipment, you have to make sure it performs to  your specifications.

I have used this pack on about every hike I've been on in the past 3 years. I don't carry more than 20lbs of gear for a 5+ day trip so the 3500 cubic inches of space is more than enough for a lightweight/minimalist's gear list.

The pack is constructed well with double stitching at all strap terminals. The shoulder and hip pads are more than adequate to make a 15+ mile a day hike comfortable. But with the sturdy construction comes the trade off of weight. The pack weighs in at a beefy 4 lbs plus change. So it is not ultralight (I have a Mariposa Plus for that) but it is ultra-dependable.

I would recommend this pack as a great starter pack for anyone (male or female) to cut their hiking teeth on.

Great quality. I am a full size man and bought the…

Great quality. I am a full size man and bought the women's model at Academy not knowing the difference. I just read this review and things are starting to make sense....

Anyways, an amazing deal, Kelty rocks!