Kelty Comal 3500

Another great Kelty product! This was my first backpack…

Another great Kelty product! This was my first backpack that I have owned. It has proven itself to be a sturdy piece of equipment.

I bought it at Academy Monroe, LA. I loaded it in the store with about 35lbs then tried it on. It fit great and was very comfortable. Although I'm sure I looked like an oddball walking around the store with it on. But if you're going to invest in equipment, you have to make sure it performs to  your specifications.

I have used this pack on about every hike I've been on in the past 3 years. I don't carry more than 20lbs of gear for a 5+ day trip so the 3500 cubic inches of space is more than enough for a lightweight/minimalist's gear list.

The pack is constructed well with double stitching at all strap terminals. The shoulder and hip pads are more than adequate to make a 15+ mile a day hike comfortable. But with the sturdy construction comes the trade off of weight. The pack weighs in at a beefy 4 lbs plus change. So it is not ultralight (I have a Mariposa Plus for that) but it is ultra-dependable.

I would recommend this pack as a great starter pack for anyone (male or female) to cut their hiking teeth on.

Great quality. I am a full size man and bought the…

Great quality. I am a full size man and bought the women's model at Academy not knowing the difference. I just read this review and things are starting to make sense....

Anyways, an amazing deal, Kelty rocks!

Kelty Comal 3500

The Comal 3500 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Comal 3500 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 1, 2009 at Backcountry Outlet.