Kelty Corona 20

Not suited for motorcycle camping. I bought this bag…

Design: Rectangular
Fill: Synthetic
Temperature Rating: 20 degrees F
Weight: 6 pounds, 6 ounces

Not suited for motorcycle camping.

I bought this bag because I am a big guy (6’2”, 250 lbs) and need a relaxed fit 20-degree synthetic bag to take on my motorcycle camping trips. I like to sleep on my back and long mummy bags are much too tight around my shoulders. I wanted a bag that was roomy enough to move around in but yet could be compressed into a small space so that I could pack it along with my passenger’s sleeping bag on the back of my motorcycle.

I had used an older Kelty LightYear (20) bag that compressed into a small space and assumed that this Kelty Corona could also be compressed into a reasonably small space despite weighing 6 pounds, 6 ounces. Soon after opening the box, I realized that the Corona was not suited for my camping needs.

Although it gives me plenty of room and it is comfortable, it does not compress at all. In fact, it requires more packing space than my old cotton flannel bags. I took it on one car camping trip and decided not to use it any more because it required so much packing space. Motorcycle campers need to look for another bag.

The Corona 20 Double is a roomy, hooded rectangular sleeping bag for two. This bag is perfect for the value-minded family on the goand offers a double-wide hood.

- SunnySports

The Corona 20deg is a roomy rectangular sleeping bag with a hood. This camping bag is perfect for the value-minded family on the go.

- Altrec Outdoors

CLOSEOUTS . The Kelty Corona 20 F long sleeping bag is a roomy rectangular sleeping bag with a hood. CloudLoft insulation blends solid core and hollow core fibers to trap heat efficiently. Provides excellent loft and comfort Two-layer, offset-quilt construction traps heat and eliminates cold spots Two-way locking blanket zipper Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design Zip foot vent Can be unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket Internal liner loops Roll-up straps FatMan and Ribbon drawcords Captured cordlock Storage sack included Rectangular bag Rated to: 20 F Fits to: 6'6” Girth: 68” Dimensions: 86x34” Stuff size: 24x14” Weight: 6 lb. 10 oz. Fabric: 100 % polyester shell and lining Insulation: CloudLoft-synthetic Fill weight: 70 oz. CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Sleeping Bag Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

This affordable and roomy rectangular bag with hood is made for the family on the go. Made with two-layer, offset quilt construction and Cloudloft™ insulation for reliable warmth. Features a durable ripstop polyester shell and a silky polyester taffeta lining. Differential cut allows insulation to loft fully for maximum warmth. Cozy hood with different-width drawcords for head and neck areas allows easy adjusting in the dark. Full-length, two-way zipper with draft tube keeps the warmth in and the cold out. Internal loops allow attachment of coordinating Kelty Sleeping Bag Liner, sold separately. Straps secure bag in rolled-up position. Comes with cotton storage bag.

The Kelty Corona twenty degree sleeping bag is a roomy rectangular sleeping bag with a hood. This camping bag is perfect for the value-minded family on the go. Insulation: Kelty CloudLoft's blend of solid core and hollow core fibers trap heat efficiently and provide excellent loft and comfort. Two-layer, offset-quilt construction to trap and maintain heat and to eliminate cold spots. Two-way locking blanket zipper. Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design. Zippered foot vent. Bag can be unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket. Internal liner loops. Roll-up straps. FatMan and Ribbon drawcords. Captured cordlock. Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth. Storage sack included.

- Campmor

Kelty Corona 20

The Corona 20 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Corona 20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 29, 2011 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.