Kelty Go Pillow

Not a bad pillow, but there's no easy way to remove/replace…

Summary

Not a bad pillow, but there's no easy way to remove/replace the batting! Do NOT leave it folded and packed in its bag.

Pros

• Packs into its included bag

Cons

• No way to replace the batting/fill without sewing
  • Not the smallest pillow

Thinking that I deserved a little 'luxury," I found and purchased this little camping/travel pillow at our local Target (department store).

The first thing I discovered was that this thing does NOT want to go back into its included stuff-bag! Once it came out it was a real fight to get it forced back in.

I used it for a year or so, maybe 10-12 times over the year, and while I enjoyed using it, I always dreaded packing it away!

I discovered that leaving it packed will force the batting/fill to eventually assume that shape. I have a large dip in my pillow where it had been folded when we packed it away. It doesn't want to fluff, and without an easy way to replace the fill, I'm pretty much done using this.

It was a GREAT pillow — comfortable and packable — just DO NOT leave it packed all the time!

That being said, I would certainly recommend it for other campers.

Too lumpy, not supportive, and too small. On top of…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Too lumpy, not supportive, and too small. On top of that, it doesn't pack down well. The upsides: lightweight and doesn't carry an odor after use.

Pros

• Light
  • Doesn't show sweat stains

Cons

• Lumpy
  • Unsupportive

My wife and I each have one of these pillows, and neither of us like them. Mine doesn't support my head at all, and does little more than help keep my noggin from rolling too far off to the side.

I can't pack them down smaller than about a 4x8" cylinder, and even that's difficult. They'll get you by on the cheap, but for $10 more better models are readily available.

Don't leave the luxuries at home on your next backpacking trip. The Kelty Go Pillow is a light weight packable pillow that's easy to take anywhere.

- CampSaver.com

CLOSEOUTS . Perfectly sized for camping or travel, Kelty's Go pillow is lightweight, durable and compresses easily into the included stuff sack. Available Colors: RED.

- Sierra Trading Post

Kelty Go Pillow

The Kelty Go Pillow is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 5, 2012 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new pillow, check out the best reviewed current models.