Kelty Grand Mesa 4

Pole type DAC Pressfit
Wall Material 68D Polyester
Floor Material 68D Nylon 1800 mm
Fly Material 75D Polyester 1800 mm

I bought this tent for both car camping and occasional…

Design: three-season freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: As easy as it gets
Weight: not sure
Price Paid: $160 Shipped

I bought this tent for both car camping and occasional backpacking. I typically sleep alone or with my girlfriend.

I'm a bigger guy, 6 feet 270 lbs. Unless we're dealing with kids, I'd prefer not to have more than three people in this tent, and that's pushin it in my opinion.

I used this tent for the first time this past weekend and I must say I was delighted to use it. I put a queen size air mattress in and still had room for equipment between the remaining space and the vestibule.

Setting up the tent is extremely easy since you're just putting the poles in the ends then clipping the tent to the poles. I'd say within 4 minutes not including the rainfly.

The quality of the aluminum poles is the best I've seen. They're light, snap together with confidence and seem durable.

The rainfly/ vestibule looks bigger in the pictures but it does provide enough space for a couple of duffle bags.

The floor of the tent isn't as durable as a tarp but it does look like it will hold up better than a Cabelas tent I had. I used an 8*10 tarp underneath the tent to protect it, I'd highly recommend either a tarp or footprint.

What I like:
Aluminum Poles
Lightweight
vestibule
4 pockets, 1 in each corner

What I don't like:
No privacy without the rainfly. The windows and door are only screens. You need to have the rainfly on and the vestbule closed in order to have privacy for changing or...what have you.

The stakes are weak and bend quite easily.

Floor could be a little thicker, but again not bad.

Overall it's a good tent that should last years, I've got no regrets.

I went on a backpacking trip with 3 people, what a…

I went on a backpacking trip with 3 people, what a great tent. When I came back bought one for my son. There was three of us in this tent for 1 week in the middle of October and this tent worked great for size and weight. I am 6'2", 235 lbs, plus another 6'1", 220 lbs and 5'9" 160 lbs, worked great for three people and gear. I am not easliy impressed but this tent from Kelty worked flawless.

I love this tent for car camping or kayak camping.

Design: 3 season dome
Ease of Setup: simple
Weight: 8lbs
Price Paid: $150 or so

I love this tent for car camping or kayak camping. It is just too heavy to backpack. I was warm on a surprise 20 degree night in a 35 degree bag. You can stand hunched over and move around without knocking it over. Simple set-up even in the dark, the corner pockets are nice for keys, lights, bear spray in case of an overly amorous tent mate. If you get lazy and don't guy out the fly you will get some condensation but it isn't that bad.

My 6'5" friend fits in it! I've never had more than two people in the tent and it was always roomy. The vestibule keeps your boots dry while I bring all the other crap inside.

I will never figure out how they call this a 4-person tent? It sleeps two comfortably and you could squeeze in a third. If you needed to get 4 people in this thing it would have to be four romantically involved people.

Visit Kelty's Grand Mesa 4 page.

Kelty Grand Mesa 4 TentThe Kelty Grand Mesa 4 Tent is the perfect tent in which to spend some amazing night under the stars, with family or friends. Since it accommodates four people, it is ideal and economical, for a trip with the whole family. With over 50 sq.ft. of floor space, the tent is large enough to accommodate everyone, comfortably, with room to spare. The noiseless zipper pulls ensure that you can move in and out of the tent, without waking everyone up, if you wake up early or during the night. The tent features internal pockets that enable you to store all your essentials inside. Weighing under 5 lbs., the tent can easily dismantled and carried around. The Kelty Grand Mesa 4 is your best bet for a fun night out with the family.

- SunnySports

On Sale. Free Shipping. Kelty Grand Mesa 4 Person Tent FEATURES of the Kelty Grand Mesa 4 Person Tent Freestanding design Color coded clip construction Taped floor seams Gear-loft loops Mesh wall panels Internal storage pockets Noiseless zipper pulls Taped seams Side-release tent/fly connection Fly vents Noiseless zipper pulls Guyout points SPECIFICATIONS of the Kelty Grand Mesa 4 Person Tent Season: 3 Capacity: 4 person Number of Door: 1 Number of Vestibule: 1 Number of Pole: 2 Minimum Weight: 6 lbs 13 oz / 3.1 kg Packaged Weight: 7 lbs 8 oz / 3.4 kg Floor Area: 53 square feet / 5.0 square meter Vestibule Area: 9.5 square feet / 0.86 square meter Dimension: 96 x 80 x 55in. / 244 x 203 x 140 cm Packed Dimension: 8 x 20in. / 25 x 51 cm Pole Type: DAC Pressfit Wall Material: 68D Polyester Floor Material: 68D Nylon, 1800 Fly Material: 75D Polyester 1800 mm

The Grand Mesa 4 is a great value for backpackers and campers and includes high-quality DAC Press-fit poles. It is easy to pitch, includes a single vestibule for storage, and offers excellent ventilation.

- Altrec Outdoors

The Kelty Grand Mesa 4 Tent is an excellent value for campers and backpackers. At only 7 lb 4 oz the Grand Mesa is light on your pack and stuffs down to a compact 8 x 20 in. The Grand Mesa sets up easy with it's color coded clip connection and includes features like taped floor seams, a vestibule and DAC Pressfit aluminum poles which usually aren't found in tents at this price. You'll also find that the Grand Mesa tent has great ventilation stemming from it's mesh side wall and ceiling construction. For a great value in 2 person tents, check out the Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Person Tent.

- CampSaver.com