Kelty Gunnison 2.1 Pro

Weight - - 9 oz
Attachment - - Grommet
DWR - - 1800 mm
Floor Material - - 68D Polyester

This review is for the Kelty Gunnison Pro 2.1.  I've…

This review is for the Kelty Gunnison Pro 2.1.  I've only used it once, but am very impressed so far.

According to my scale, the tent/stakes/guy lines/etc. weigh in at 5.9 lbs. which is actually less than what they advertise.  In the real world, it is plenty light to throw in a backpack for the day.  This tent is very easy to set-up but you have to make sure that the center hub is facing the correct way before you clip into the corners.  I screwed that up twice and I've only assembled it the same number of times.  They may want to color-code it like the corners to draw attention to it.

Once assembled, it provided plenty of space inside for 2 people + gear.  I love having the two doors and two vestibules to keep stuff organized.  It also came with a handy mesh loft which attached to some loops inside the tent.

Personally, I like the bright orange rain fly.  It helps set your tent apart from the rest and makes the inside a neat orange color at first light. I also thought the windows were a bit of gimmick, but having now spent a night in the tent, I kinda like 'em.  The materials are of very high quality and it appears that everything is built to last.

My kids still use my 12-year old Kelty and it works great so I don't anticipate this one giving me any problems.

I looked at several other tents from MSR, L.L. Bean, Marmot, etc. and none of them could do what this one does.  Also, you should note that this is a 4-season tent.  I have yet to try it out in the snow, but plan on doing so this winter.

All things considered, this is a great at a great price — don't think about buying it — just do it — you will be pleasantly surprised!!

Kelty Gunnison 2.1 Pro

The Kelty Gunnison 2.1 Pro is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 7, 2013 at Campmor.