Kelty Lassen 0

First off, this bag is big and heavy. It takes up…

Design: mummy
Fill: Thermolite® Quallofil®
Temperature Rating: 0 Fahrenheit
Weight: 5 Lbs. 4 Ozs.
Price Paid: $65 at Sierra Trading Post

First off, this bag is big and heavy. It takes up a lot of room in the pack at 11" by 21" and weighs 5 pounds 4 ounces. If that's not a problem for you it's a nice, comfortable, and warm bag. I would say it's more of a car camping bag than a backpacking bag. I carry mine in my backpack but not for long distances unless I'm sure it's going to be cold.

It's nice and cushy and I dig the bright orange color of my model. It's pretty roomy so it would be good for the claustrophobic! A compression sack would be nice to use with it. For the price I paid I have absolutely zero complaints. I like it. I am, however, looking for a bag that is left zip, since I sleep on my left side, packs down smaller and is a bit lighter. If I find one I will probably still keep this one to use while car camping. If it were a bit lighter and smaller it would have gotten the full 5 star rating!

If you've owned or used a Kelty Lassen 0, please share your experience.

Kelty Lassen 0

The Lassen 0 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Lassen 0 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 26, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.