Kelty Light Year Down 20

I have taken this bag backpacking in March when the…

Summary

I have taken this bag backpacking in March when the nights got down in the high 30s. I was nice and warm, but even with the compression bag it only gets down to a soccer ball size. I loved that you could unzip from the bottom or top—was able to air out my feet this way. I'm only 5' 4" and this bag was just my size. Total weight is 2 pounds 13 oz. Overall, a really nice bag.

Pros

• Two zippers
  • Soft and has good insulation
  • Comes with a storage bag and a compression sack
  • Fairly inexpensive
  • Perfect size

Cons

• Wish it could be compressed to a smaller size for easier packing

I haven't had an opportunity to test this bag below 38 degrees, but I believe it would do a fine job. I liked that the bag was shaped for a woman with extra room in the hips. The bag was exposed to some condensation from the inside of the tent and did not absorb it. It beaded up on the foot of the bag.

Although the bag doesn't pack down very small, it puffs right back up after removal from the bag. I had a small problem with the zipper at the foot of the bag jumping off of the track, but this was easy to fix. I really like this sleeping bag and am looking forward to using it for many years to come!

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Light Year Down 20 versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Light Year Down 20. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Kelty Women's Light Year Down 20, please share your experience.

Kelty Women's Light Year Down 20

The Kelty Women's Light Year Down 20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

Total Weight 2 lb 13 oz / 1.26 kg