User Review: Kelty Men's Light Year XP 0
Fill: ClimaShield XP
Temperature Rating: 0 Fahrenheit
Weight: 4 lbs
Price Paid: $127
I was looking for a cold weather sleeping bag but didn't want to spend a fortune. I was offered a special discount on this bag ($127) so I bought it.
I bought the long, I'm 5'10" 180 lbs but the regular would have be fine in hindsight. I was worried it was going to be to tight in the shoulders but I have plenty of room in the bag. I will outline the pluses and minus.
- Good cut, seals very well with enough room to move around with out being too large so as to get cold spots. You can comfortable cinch tight the opening around your face or just your nose and mouth.
- Very nice quality of construction and materials. Strong yet lightweight.
- Little 4" sealing blanket works well. At first I thought this won't do much but after using the bag I appreciate how well it wraps around your neck and shoulders to seal out cold and drafts.
- Zipper foot vent allows the bag to be useful on warmer nights. I have used it to 40 degrees and was comfortable.
- Compact and lightweight for synthetic. 4 Lbs and wraps tight.
- Comes with both a storage sack and stuff sack, nice touch.
- Life time warranty and I understand that Kelty is very good about honoring it.
- The bag is warm but I have not sleep down to 0 yet, At 25 I was very comfortable. Was going to test it with my sons Scout group but the winter sleep out was canceled when it dropped to 20 below.
- Uses ClimaShield XP which from my research is one of the best synthetic fill. I have read that XP holds it insulation better with less loft meaning it should stay warm as it ages and loses some loft. This type of insulation (continuous fiber) will not clump and holds up to washings well. Like all synthetic is superior to down when wet.
- I don't have large hands but I find the fobs that lock the cinch strings around your face too small. They need to be at least 50% larger.
- I also wish the zipper was full length.
Overall I am very happy with this bag and would highly recommend it.
Where to Buy
The Kelty Men's Light Year XP 0 is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these Kelty retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.