Kelty Palisade 4

Pole type DAC DA17 Poles
Wall Material 70D Dye Free Polyester Taffeta
Floor material 1800mm PU Nylon Taffeta
Fly Material 75D 190T, 1800 mm PU Polyester Taffeta

This was the second tent that I received from Kelty.

Ease of Setup: Main Part - Super Easy / Rainfly - Easy

This was the second tent that I received from Kelty. I had purchased the Kelty Villa 4 this year (2010) and when I set it up I came to find out that is was defective.

I called the warranty department at Kelty and they were really great. They had me setup the Villa Tent one additional time and then had me send a photo of the 3 inched of space under the floor.

Being that the Villa 4 tent was from 2007 and discontinued they offered the Palisade as replacement. I was sold on the vestibule just from the website.

We are planning a trip next week to Sedona and as a test run we set the tent up in our living room. The main part of the tent went up supper easy - the circular pole was an interesting puzzle to figure out and using my 6 year old daughter as a brace we managed to get the tent up. I can honestly say that I could set up the entire tent by myself. As for the circular pole for the roof, I think a tree, car or anything stationary will work just fine if you are setting it up by yourself.

There are a few issues that I have with the tent….

1. Staking the Tent is a Must - The tent definitely needs to be staked to the ground. We go beach camping Palisade offers great ventilation in 80 degree Arizona evenings - finding a way to stake it in the sand will challenging.

2. Lack of Privacy. The Palisade is basically a bug shield without the rain fly. If you like a little privacy in a big campground you will need to attach the fly. Then you give up the awesome open roof and the star gazing that goes along with it. If you tend to do back country camping then the openness will not matter to much.

3. Pets Can Potentially Damage the Tent - We have a puppy we will be taking on our next camping trip and she already has come into the tent and made herself at home. The thing that concerns me is that if she wants out she can tend to scratch at the door. If she does with this tent the mesh will not last.

The Really positive things about the tent….

1. A BIG stuff sack - When we opened the box we found ample room in the duffle bag to account for non-professional packing.

2. A Star Gazing Roof to die for - My daughter and I laid down in the tent and looked up at the ceiling in our living room and the first thing she said was wow we can sure see a lot of shooting stars in this tent!!!!

3. Super Easy to Setup and Take Down - I could do it myself!

4. Large with Vertical Walls - We like to sleep with big comfy cots and both fit in just nicely. If you wanted a third cot it could get a little tight. Four cots would definably not fit.

5. Vestibule and Rainfly is really cool! - Makes an extra room for you! (For it to work it needs to be staked to the ground!)

6. Great Customer Service - Kelty provides awesome customer support directly out of their Colorado office…

We will report back once we have a chance to test it in the field.

Visit Kelty's Palisade 4 page.

The Kelty Palisade 4 Tent is ready for any adventure. It features double-door convenience with a full vestibule and back 'porch' storage area to keep you and your family comfortably sheltered, whether you're spending a weekend or a week in nature.

- Altrec Outdoors

The 1 door Kelty Palisade 4 will sleep 4 happy campers and gear. The sturdy shockcorded DAC, DA-17 aluminum frame is easy to use whether it be set up or take down. The all mesh roof is great for ventilation or stargazing in your sleeping bag. The large 'D' style door opens to a large storage vestibule that is great for wet stuff, dirty shoes or any extra stuff you need tucked away. There is also a covered Back Porch (8 sq ft) for even more extra stuff. And of course the sturdy durable rainfly and floor are built to Kelty's exacting standards so you know you will always be dry. The perfect shelter for families or large groups.Sleeps 4Main fly and floor seams are factory sealedFull coverage fly completely protects the tent from the weatherLarge front vestibule provides additional storage (29 sq ft)The Arc Edge floor is factory sealed and the seams are raised high above the groundBack Porch vestibule - 8 sq ft - store even more stuff out of the way - helps keep the tent neat and organizedFront vestibule mesh panels are closableLots of mesh helps keep condensation to a minimumFreestanding design is very simple and quick to set upSide release buckles attach fly to body for fast easy set upNoiseless zipper pulls will be appreciated on a windy nightPost and grommet type assembly with locking pole tips for convenienceSet up is with simple and easy with a combination of speedy clips and sturdy continuous sleevesLarge mesh panels on the tent walls means great ventilationGuyouts points on the fly help stabilize the tent in windy weatherMultiple mesh storage pockets help with overall interior organizationGear loft includedAll carry sacks and stakes includedIncludes convenient flashlight loop on the ceilingFire retardantImport.

- Campmor

CLOSEOUTS . Built with an ArcEdge floor design for excellent water protection and ideal for car camping, Keltyand#39;s Palisade 4 tent offers generous interior space and features a vestibule and ?Back Porchand#39; storage area for all your gear. Available Colors: GREY/WHITE.

- Sierra Trading Post

When the nights are hot and sticky, the large mesh walls of the Kelty Palisade 4-Person Tent provide crucial ventilation and air circulation. On those warm, clear nights leave the fly off and teach the kids the major constellations. Since the weather isn't always cooperative, Kelty designed the fly with a spacious vestibule to keep gear dry. There's enough room in the vestibule for one or two people to escape swarms of bugs or watch the rain fall.

Kelty Palisade 4

The Kelty Palisade 4 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 2, 2014 at Campmor.