Kelty Redtail 30

Great daypack. It's the perfect size for an all day…

Design: Daypack
Size: 1800 cubic"
Number of Pockets: 3 external, lots of internal compartments, including soft spot for glasses
Max. Load Carried: around 20 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 9"

Great daypack. It's the perfect size for an all day outing, and compatible with the hydration system of your choice. The straps are fully adjustable to custom fit to your torso, which is good for me. I have a pretty short torso and most packs seem too big to me. It carries comfortably.

The downfall, as I found out while hiking in Acadia, is the internal frame. I had the bag adjusted incorrectly, I suppose. The support rod comes down on both sides and is against your back. The ends of the rod were relentlessly trying to skewer my "love-handles," if you will. After some adjustment on the trail I got the bag seated comfortably on back. Great bag, overall.

If you've owned or used a Kelty Redtail 30, please share your experience.

Kelty Redtail 30

The Kelty Redtail 30 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 15, 2014 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 1 lb 15 oz / 0.9 kg