This is one of those products that you'd like to complain…

Price Paid: $25 (on sale)

Summary

This is one of those products that you'd like to complain about, but there's really nothing wrong with it. I don't like the rust/gray combo, but I got it on sale, and it's actually an OK pack. Has everything you need for a day trip with the family or maybe even an overnight trip. It's a bit unbalanced because the front pocket is kinda high.

Pros

• Nice, smooth zippers
  • Roomy
  • Several inner pockets in front pocket

Cons

• Ugly (IMO)
  • Slightly unbalanced

This has a ton of room for a daypack. The straps are comfortable and the compartments are pretty well laid out. When it's really packed full, the pack is a little cumbersome to get on and fitting well, but I'd say that's the case with any pack that doesn't have a frame.

One thing that is kind of annoying is that the compression straps block the main zipper when they're clipped, but I don't know how you would avoid that, and lots of other packs have the same annoyance.

It seems to be pretty well made. I've taken it out a dozen times or so, and I haven't had any problems with quality.

It's a bit unbalanced because the front pocket is kinda high. So, when you put stuff in the organizers, it kinda weighs down the front section.

Overall, it's a good value, and I really can't find much to complain about.

Kelty Roam

The Kelty Roam is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 12, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.

DeLorme inReach SE Review