Kelty Squall 2800

I'm a 6'2" 200lb. guy and this is my favorite pack!

Max. Load Carried: 45
Height of Owner: 6'2"

I'm a 6'2" 200lb. guy and this is my favorite pack! It's big enough for everything but a sleeping bag!

I hike and climb A LOT and I really NEVER leave home without this pack. I usually throw this bag in the back of my car when we go on a trip in case I need a day-pack of light overnight. I often find myself setting aside my Slider and Momentum II to use this one.

Words fail to portray how well it rides!  It will carry 2 days & nights worth of gear if you pack light and arrange like a Tetris master!

So comfortable, has a place for camelpack (though I don't recommend using it because you lose almost 1/3 of your space!) it's never "understuffed" compresses like a champ. It is, hands down, my favorite pack. I just wish I could find one a size larger I liked as much.

An excellent backpack for youth or small adults. I…

An excellent backpack for youth or small adults. I am a small woman and have found that this backpack works very nicely on short or several days trips. It's big enough for whatever I need, but small enough that I don't overload it. Extremely comfortable to carry.

My only complaints are that the water system drips between the tube and the mouth piece (but simply hooking it higher than the pouch fixes this), and that it's hard to hook thing onto the outside of the pack.

CLOSEOUTS . Kelty's Squall 2800 hydration backpack is a full-featured model designed for day or overnight expeditions. 2-liter hydration system included with 20” tube and valve. Top-panel loading Shovel pocket Outer mesh stash pocket Mesh water bottle pockets Security pocket Side compression straps Load compression strap Daisy chain Ice-axe loop Adjustable suspension with LightBeam aluminum stays HDPE frame sheet Breathable back panel Padded three-layer waist belt Padded two-layer shoulder straps For torsos: 11-17” Size (LxWxD): 30x14- x10- ” Capacity: 2800 cu.in. Weight: 3 lb. 14 oz. Fabric: Nylon and Kodra(R) polyester CLOSEOUTS . Philippines.

- Sierra Trading Post

The Kelty Squall Kids' 2800cu in Backpack is a streamlined internal-framed hydration pack for day or overnight explorations. Kelty designed the Squall Backpack for active youth who don't want to stay home while mom and dad are out on the trail. The fully-adjustable Squall provides a custom, comfortable carry, allowing young backpackers to burst into the backcountry with the best of them. Fill up the Squall's two-liter hydration system to keep the fluids flowing on the journey. The Squall is also rigged and ready for winter adventures with an exterior shovel pocket and ice axe loop.

The Squall is a streamlined companion for active youngsters or for those with shorter torso lengths. Just the right size for day or overnight explorations. 2 liter Taste-Free hydration system included. Adjustable suspension. Single LightBeam aluminum stay. HDPE frame sheet. Breathable backpanel. Padded 3-layer waistbelt. Padded 2-layer shoulder straps. Load-lifter straps. Sternum strap. Belt stabilizers. Scherer cinch. Top panel loading. Internal load pocket and shovel pocket. Outer mesh stash pocket and security pocket. Mesh water bottle pockets. Side compression straps. Load compression strap. Spindrift collar. Daisy chain. Ice axe loop. Lash tabs. Reflective accents. Number of pockets: 6 Made of 210 denier nylon mini-shadow ripstop/600 denier polyester kodra/500 denier nylon kodra. Size: 30 in. x 14.5 in. x 10.5 in. Fits torso length 11-17 in. Wt. 3 lbs. 14 oz. Capacity 2800 cu. in.

- Campmor

The Kelty Squall is a full featured backcountry pack sized for kids. Great for day or overnight explorations. With a 2-liter hydration system this thin profile pack holds everything your little trekker will need. The perfect streamlined companion for active youngsters.

- UpsideOver

Great for day or overnight explorations, the Squall with its two-liter hydration system and low profile holds everything you'll need.

- Altrec Outdoors

Kelty Squall 2800

The Squall 2800 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Squall 2800 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 6, 2008 at Sierra Trading Post.