Kelty Squall 2800

I'm a 6'2" 200lb. guy and this is my favorite pack!

Max. Load Carried: 45
Height of Owner: 6'2"

I'm a 6'2" 200lb. guy and this is my favorite pack! It's big enough for everything but a sleeping bag!

I hike and climb A LOT and I really NEVER leave home without this pack. I usually throw this bag in the back of my car when we go on a trip in case I need a day-pack of light overnight. I often find myself setting aside my Slider and Momentum II to use this one.

Words fail to portray how well it rides!  It will carry 2 days & nights worth of gear if you pack light and arrange like a Tetris master!

So comfortable, has a place for camelpack (though I don't recommend using it because you lose almost 1/3 of your space!) it's never "understuffed" compresses like a champ. It is, hands down, my favorite pack. I just wish I could find one a size larger I liked as much.

An excellent backpack for youth or small adults. I…

An excellent backpack for youth or small adults. I am a small woman and have found that this backpack works very nicely on short or several days trips. It's big enough for whatever I need, but small enough that I don't overload it. Extremely comfortable to carry.

My only complaints are that the water system drips between the tube and the mouth piece (but simply hooking it higher than the pouch fixes this), and that it's hard to hook thing onto the outside of the pack.

Kelty Squall 2800

The Squall 2800 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Squall 2800 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 6, 2008 at Sierra Trading Post.