Kelty TC 3.0

Length 12 in / 30 cm
Height 21 in / 53 cm
Torso Fit Range 11 in - 16 in / 28 cm - 41 cm
Body Fabric 420D Poly Ripple, 420D HD Poly Oxford / Brushed Nylon

Finally a child carrier with usable pack space. For…

Design: Internal frame child carrier
Size: 28 litres
Number of Pockets: 2 (with several smaller internal pockets)
Max. Load Carried: 40lbs
Height of Owner: 6'2"

Finally a child carrier with usable pack space. For those of us who want to take our baby backpacking there is nothing less useful than those large-framed small volume child carriers. The transit provides a comfortable ride for my daughter, and has enough room in it for extra layers, diapers and a camp stove. I could actually do a multi-day with this pack, though we haven't tried that yet.

My wife and I share the pack, and we're both very happy with how quickly it can be adjusted to our different sizes and carrying preferences. The pack compresses enough that it's actually practical as an airplane carry-on. I'd have to say that this pack definitely provides the most bang for your buck.

I have only one criticism. At 6'2" 240lbs, I am pushing the fit limits. The pack would be more comfortable for me if it were just a couple of inches taller.

All in all this is an excellent product, with a great deal of flexibility. I recommend it to anyone wanting to introduce their child to all that nature has to offer.

Kelty TC 3.0

The Kelty TC 3.0 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 14, 2014 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new child carrier, check out the best reviewed current models.