Kelty Thru Hiker

I bought this because of the great price. I was nervous…

Design: mummy
Fill: polarguard 3D
Temperature Rating: 15 degree Celsius
Weight: 3 lb 4 oz

I bought this because of the great price. I was nervous at first but this bag travelled the whole way with me from GA to ME in 2003. It was always warm, even on the night we layed directly on snow. I also took it out to the desert during winter where it dropped way into the teens. My fiance was cold in his $180 bag, where I stayed toasty warm.

It has the brushed taffetta lining which I heard some people hate. I thought it was like snuggling into a flannel bed each time. If you are at all clammy when sleeping, this is the bag for you. I washed it like 5 times and it was stuffed into a pack over a 6 month period and it never lost its loft. I am going to buy a new one, only because of how bad it smells, not because it has stopped working. It isn't the lightest bag in the pick, but it REALLY works, so shave off weight in other ways, not this awesome bag.

I was very nervous when I bought this bag because…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard
Temperature Rating: 0 F
Price Paid: Regular $189, on sale $89

I was very nervous when I bought this bag because I heard nothing about it, and at that price for a 0 degree bag it seemed too good to be true. I purchase this bag at REI on sale and found it to be a great bag. The temperature rating is right on, and then some. I never found myself cold, even at zero and a bit below. I can't think of any complaints and would recommend it to anyone.

This long mummy sleeping bag from Kelty is a cozy cocoon for wintery camping down to 0

- Sierra Trading Post

Kelty Thru Hiker

The Thru Hiker has been discontinued.

The Kelty Thru Hiker is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.