Kelty Torrey 1600

I've had the pack for about two and a half years and…

Design: hybrid rucksack
Size: 1600 cubic inches w/ 2 ltrs of water
Number of Pockets: 2 zippered, 2 side mesh, and a large shovel pocket plus internal waterproof and softlined sunglass pockets
Max. Load Carried: 32 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'9"

I've had the pack for about two and a half years and I love it. It has easily handled everything I have thrown at it. Until recently I've hauled not only my food, raingear, first aid kit, and other must haves, but also my wife and daughter's stuff. Laden with dry socks, extra clothes, the occasional CareBear, packable jackets, and enough food to feed several armies, it has never missed a beat.

On year-round trips around the Southeast it has always remained comfortable, even with loads approaching 30lbs. I prefer the Source hydration system to my wife's Camelbak, and the raincover and multiple waterproof areas are lifesavers. The hipbelt is there when you need it and stowed when you don't, and the padded shoulder straps are the most comfortable I've ever used. Plenty of pockets, attachment points, and an emergency whistle built in to the sternum strap means it will continue to be my go-to pack for many years to come.

Slim-profile hydration daypack is ideal for skiing day trips and all-mountain adventures. Panel-loading main compartment, plus an internal slab pocket, large front pouch and mesh water bottle pockets keep everything organized. Oversized shovel pocket with bungee compression allows carrying of bulky winter gear. Included 2-liter Taste-Free™ hydration system has anti-microbial treatment plus locking Bite-Me™ Valve and 360° swivel drink tube port. Fully adjustable, padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap and a stowable, padded waistbelt keep load secure and comfortable. Padded, molded backpanel with breathable BROCK Foam™ with a Delrin Arch support for structure and load transfer. Side compression straps secure contents of shovel pocket and pack for added stability when carrying a heavy load. Made of abrasion-resistant Kodra® nylon, tough and durable to withstand hard use. Stowable rain cover. Closeout.

The Kelty Torrey 1600 is a compact pack with extended possibilities. Perfect for day hikes and adventures, The Torrey 1600 will keep you hydrated without weighing you down.

- Backcountry Outlet

Kelty Torrey 1600

The Torrey 1600 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Torrey 1600 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.