Kelty Trail Ridge 2

Still pissed off. I'm tired of piss-assed reviews…

Design: 2 person
Ease of Setup: sweet
Weight: bout 3 lbs

Still pissed off. I'm tired of piss-assed reviews that simply say "NICE".
So here's an in depth review of the Kelty Vortex/Trail Ridge.

My tent was hocked from my storage shed 8 months ago. The tent was nice, and my chocolate lab laid down and fell asleep in it. I set it up once in my Dad's front yard, when I went camping on the Wi. River it was gone. So I have no idea what kind of tent it was because some dumbass stole it.

I am still pissed off about it. So I found a Kelty Trail Ridge at bobwards.com that is a clone of the Vortex and about the only thing you can find to replace it for $120. Kelty doesn't make the Vortex anymore.

The continuous pole sleeves have been replaced with the clips to save money, Kelty is getting cheap, so get the original Vortex/Ridge when you can.

I set the tent up out of the box with no seam sealant. The fly bagged a little but I didn't guy it out rite because the kids wanted to get into it as well as my labrador. My dog took the corner and streched out tent wall against the rainfly, and the fly appeared to give way allowing my dog to stay dry if rain hit.

I later got down to buisness and staked out the fly the way Kelty told me too. The fly stretches so tight, that the seams do in fact come off the ground. This is the "arc edge" bullshit Kelty stands by.

There is overstress in the fabric and fly wall. I don't like that crap one bit, because you can almost hear the fabric rip when you guy it out.
But, wih the strength of the fabric, I could see it can handle many years of wind and rain before ripping apart. The tub style floor takes most of it, and Kelty did a good job in making this tent.

Most bullshit tents today consist of 90% netting. Even TNF is going with 90% netting/mesh and charging $300. You pay for the fabric. Netting, netting, and even more netting. My god, for $300 I think most of us would go to WalMart and buy a plastic tarp for $6 and be happy.

For $120 you can't go wrong with this tent. And I'm a cheap bastard.
This is a good tent. The fly is big enough for about two cases of beer,
and maybe a smokey joe for the hard core. Another nice thing is the double doors. Since these morons don't want to make windows that close, you can vent the tent by zipping down one of the door flaps.

I also want window covers, even the cheap-assed Colemans and Wenzles have window flaps. Kelty could give a little and give us window flaps. For damn sakes, cover the windows. I don't need bears looking in on my can of beans. Let alone pissing off my dog.

This tent has only 2 poles (DAC) so if you set it up in a cloud of skeeters you can get it up and get out in 3 minutes. The fly goes on quick, (buckle clips) so it's not a problem. Swing it over, line it up, and clip it on.

One last thing, don't spray skeeter dope (Off, tick spray, or any DDT formulas) on the mesh. It will disinigrate the fabric as well as any plastic covered fish locators or GPS units.

Nice tent for 2 , if you want 3 or more, or a wet dog, get the bigger model. Like most tents, they fiqure the body ratio of a 6-year-old.
If rather freeze to death that get cramps in my legs.

Two six-foot adults will lay out without touching the side walls (in sleeping bags) but add a wet dog and it will get cramped.

cheers.

Free Shipping. Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Person Tent FEATURES of the Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Person Tent Freestanding design Color coded clip construction Taped floor seams Gear-loft included ArcEdge Floor Mesh wall panels Internal storage pockets Noiseless zipper pulls Taped seams Side-release tent/fly connection Fly vents Noiseless zipper pulls Guyout points SPECIFICATIONS of the Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Person Tent Season: 3 Capacity: 2 person Number of Door: 2 Number of Vestibule: 2 Number of Pole: 3 Minimum Weight: 4 lbs 15 oz / 2.24 kg Packaged Weight: 5 lbs 8 oz / 2.49 kg Floor Area: 32.5 square feet / 3.02 square meter Vestibule Area: 8.5 + 8.5 square feet / 0.79 + .079 square meter Dimension: 87 x 54 x 45in. / 221 x 137 x 114 cm Packed Dimension: 7 x 23in. / 17.7 x 58.4 cm Pole Type: DAC Pressfit Wall Material: 68D Polyester Floor Material: 68D Polyester, 1800 mm Fly Material: 75D Polyester 1800 mm

It's all about livable space with the Kelty Trail Ridge 2 person 3 season tent. It has near-vertical wall's which results in increased chill space and dual-doors offers convenient entry/exit without having to climb over your backpacking partner, and two vestibules for convenient gear storage protected from the elements.

- CampSaver.com

Kelty Trail Ridge 2-Person Camping Tent - The Trail Ridge 2 Tent by Kelty is all about livable space. It has near-vertical wall's which results in increased chill space and dual-doors offers convenient entry/exit without having to climb over your backpacking partner, and two vestibules for convenient gear storage protected from the elements. Sleep, sit up and grab that extra layer, play cards, change your clothes, or plan tomorrows events, the Trail Ridge 2 by Kelty has the space.

- Outdoorplay

Well no more, the Trail Ridge 2 incorporates an innovative configuration that enables the walls to remain steep to provide an amazing amount of interior space. When the Trail Ridge is used without a fly, the majority of the shell is mesh so watching the stars at night will be stellar!

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Kelty Trail Ridge 2 TentTake on the great outdoors with this Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Tent. This very useful tent from Kelty is ideal for up to two people to take out while camping, hiking, or just about any outdoor activity. It is made with 1800 mm. 68D polyester material and 75D polyester material, making it very durable so that you can enjoy it for lots of adventures. Its freestanding design allows you to get it up and take it down very easily. The color coded clip construction comes in very handy. Its mesh wall panels let in great ventilation so that you are comfortable inside while keeping all the annoying bugs out. It has internal storage pockets to give you a place to put your small items. The noiseless zipper pulls let you close and open it silently so as not to disturb your companion as he or she sleeps. Enjoy your adventure more with this Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Tent.

- SunnySports