Kelty Weekender Pad

This pad rocks. I have two of them. For the price…

Summary

This pad rocks. I have two of them. For the price you can't beat it, I have taken it backpacking four nights on Isle Royale, multiple weeks spent in Colorado backcountry, West Virginia, and so on.

Pros

• Cost effective
  • Material is strong
  • Long lasting
  • Easily packable

Cons

• A little heavy
  • Defect around inflate nozzle requires a little extra glue

This sleeping pad provides enough insulation to keep you warm on colder nights.

The only problem I have had is a leak occurring from the fabric right where the nozzle is (these leaks occurred on fourth use and somewhere around the 20th use). This happened to both of my pads, but was easily fixed with a thick application of gear glue on both sides of the nozzle area (I'm guessing this is a defect or something considering it happened on both my pads in the same exact location).

After gluing that area of both pads they have been working great and Im honestly very happy with them. They are not the lightest pads and they don't pack down the smallest, but I rock a 40L pack and carry this pad, my sleeping bag, and tent.

This pad packs fine on the outside of your pack and the only downfall is it's like 1 and a half pounds heavier than other pads.

Welcome to Trailspace, Kevin! Thanks for letting us know how your Weekender pads have worked out for you. Did you ever contact Kelty to let them know about the defect? https://kelty.com/contact-us/

I've slept on air beds, and cots, but this sleeping…

Summary

I've slept on air beds, and cots, but this sleeping pad beat everything by a mile. It self inflates in 30 min or so. if you can't wait, you can blow it up with your mouth in 3 or 4 breaths. It was on sale at Dick's for $49.

Pros

• Works as advertised.
  • Half the price of some of the more expensive models.

Cons

• A little heavy

FEATURES:

Dimensions: 72"L x 21"W

Thickness: 1.5"

Material: 75D polyester fabric top and bottom Single plastic valve for inflation and deflation Repair kit included Storage sack included

Weight: 47 oz

Pad & carry bag total weight: 52 oz

Style: 95454912 Kelty

Kelty Weekender Pad

The Kelty Weekender Pad is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.

Vargo Alcohol Fuel Bottle Review

NiteCore HC30 Review

A night on Black Balsam Knob cut short...

Mountain Hardwear UltraLamina 0° Review