Pump valve assemble is a disaster. I've owned a Klymit…

Summary

Pump valve assemble is a disaster.

Pros

• Great support

Cons

• Valve leaks

I've owned a Klymit Air Beam for about a year now — it was great. Light, offered excellent support. Then the pump valve failed and the thing absolutely will not hold air. It failed right in the middle of a five-day trip and I was left with a pack frame that would not hold air. No way to fix; hopefully Klymit can/will replace.

2/27/14 Update: I've upgraded from one star to three as Klymit did replace the pump as it was still under warranty. That required me sending the whole assembly back for replacement. Did not go all the way up to three stars as the possibility of failure of this simple little part could put a damper on your whole trip; have a backup — in my case I put the aluminum stay back isn the pack as the weight penalty isn't that bad.

Seth Levy TRAILSPACE STAFF

Did Klymit ever fix the valve?