Kokatat Tropos Light Drift Jacket

This is a reasonably priced paddle jacket, very roomy…

Summary

This is a reasonably priced paddle jacket, very roomy and comfortable for paddling. I use to for cool weather canoeing, and it has served me well for that use. I have room for a light fleece under it, and room for a PFD over it. Though I am a woman, I use men's jackets, as I really prefer LONG sleeves.

Pros

• Bright safety orange color
  • Soft cuffs and neck
  • Zipper pocket on sleeve

Cons

• I am not sure how durable the lightweight fabric of this version will be, over time.

kokatat-jacket.jpg

The jacket is very comfortable to wear while paddling, even as I wear it under a PFD. The sleeves have a roomy cut, and the velcro splash cuffs are soft, and not irritating as some velcro cuffs can be. The neck is very soft, and the quarter-zip zipper is a fine length.

I have used the jacket in air temps of 34-50, comfortably. The pocket on the left sleeve is very handy, and easy to access. This is just a lightweight jacket, and I opted for a model without a hood (I find hoods impair my lateral visibility too much).

The fabric is definitely lightweight, and since I have only used the jacket for this past season, I can only anticipate that it will reflect the quality of the jacket overall, and will hold up well.