L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Fabric/Leather

Just bought my second pair of LLBean Leather/Fabric…

Materials: leather/fibric w. gore-tex liner
Use: long mountain day hikes
Break-in Period: don't remember break-in being an issue

Just bought my second pair of LLBean Leather/Fabric Cresta boots to replace a pair that the sole lugs have been worn off on after one or two thousand miles of non-winter mountain hiking over the last four years.

I have a high arch, a sort of wide toe region and narrow heel, and need a fairly stiff sole to protect my calcium clogged big toe joints from excess flexing--all of which are well accommodated by the 7.5 wide Cresta (Crestas are the only footwear I've ever had where a 7.5 is not too small, even though I measure 7.5--i.e. they truly run true to size). Other than the sole lugs wearing down, which is to be expected, the boots have endured very well. I hope the new ones, which are made in Croatia, rather than in Italy like the last ones, hold up as well.

The boots are very comfortable for the 6 to 10 hours of mountain day hikes that I tend to do (bagged most of my 73 NEHH in them)-- I don't do much backpacking but they seem fine with a heavy load on the back also. I also have a pair of all leather Crestas, a half size longer (8W), that I use for winter hiking with Smart Wool mountaineeering socks and a liner sock--my feet stay warm and comfortable all day no matter how deep the snow or cold the day. Looking forward to the next couple of hundred peaks in my new Crestas!

If you've owned or used a L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Fabric/Leather, please share your experience.

L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Fabric/Leather

$179.00 (men's)

The L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Fabric/Leather is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 17, 2013 at L.L.Bean.