Leatherman Kick

This is a great multi-tool without the bulk. Durably…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a great multi-tool without the bulk. Durably built and small, this is one of my favorite multi-tools.

Pros

• Not bulky
  • Easy to operate

Cons

• Not a ton of features

A lot of multi-tools try to cram as many different things into them as possible, often times leaving them bulky and hard to operate. This Leatherman Kick is just the opposite. To me it seems to be a simplistic approach to a multitool. It gives you the basic things that you want out of a multi-tool while keeping it simple and small.

It is built very well. I used to work for a beverage company and used it all the time, every day. I was pretty rough on the thing and it held up over the three years that I worked there. Now I mostly use it while camping and doing other outdoor things and I love having it around!

I would recommend this for anyone. I use it at least…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

I would recommend this for anyone. I use it at least once a week between work, cycling or anything you can imagine outdoors. Mostly i use the pliers but there have been lots of times where the knife or the screwdriver have saved me tons of time.

Pros

• The pliers
  • Gripped sides

This is a great product. I grew up using my Dad's Leatherman with a lot more features and thought I would be disappointed with this. After a couple weeks of use, i can proudly say that i don't miss any of those extras. Mostly i use the pliers, wirecutters, screwdrivers and sometimes the knife. I've never been someone that carries a knife at all times so the addition of one here is great for those times i actually need one.

I've had this product for about a year now. So far nothing has corroded, rusted or otherwise fallen into bad condition, it's like the first day i bought it. The only thing that has changed is that the parts open and flip out easier and the leather pouch has been broken it. It only improves with age.

Overall, it's a great product and a great price for what you're getting. I would recommend it for anyone, especially those that don't need all of the features of the highend version.

I generally carry a Swiss army knife with me at all…

Price Paid: Recieved as a gift

I generally carry a Swiss army knife with me at all times and only use/carry a pliers based multi-tool when working or when I know I'll need to tackle a heavier duty job.

My Kick has been my constant companion for about a year at work, I rarely need to use it, so the light weight is a huge advantage, I never realize it's on my belt until I need it. The Kick also has all the tools that you are likely to need in a Leatherman tool.

I wouldn't use this as my only tool or to go hiking with, the tools are more geared towards occasional tasks around the house and work than what you would find at a campsite or on a trail. I would recommend this to anyone who needs to occasionally use a tool and doesn't want to go digging around in the toolbox, but doesn't want the extra weight of a Leatherman wave in their pocket or on their belt at all times.

As with all Leatherman tools the durability is outstanding and if anything would happen to break on it you can fall back on the great warranty that they offer on all their tools

Visit Leatherman's Kick page.

Leatherman's slimmest new multi-tool for active people who want a little less weight on their hip. Newly engineered high strength body and pliers. Zytel contoured handle inserts for comfort. Includes 12 tools: needle nose and regular pliers, wire cutters, hard-wire cutters, knife, large & small phillips screwdrivers, 8 inch ruler, bottle/can opener, wire stripper and lanyard attachment. Length: 4". Weight: 5.2 oz. 25-yr. Warranty.

- Vargo Outdoors

Description Of Leatherman Kick Multitool The perfect tool for hiking or mall walking, cause you never know when you might have to take out someones appendix in a pinch. Made for smaller hands with big jobs to do. FeaturesNylon case included 420HC Clip Point KnifeNeedlenose PliersPliersWire CuttersHard-wire CuttersWire stripperSmall ScrewdriverLarge ScrewdriverPhillips Screwdriverbottle OpenerCan Opener8 in ruler Measure 4 closed Blade 2.6 Weight 5.2 oz Stainless steel

- US Outdoor Store

Leatherman Kick Multipurpose Tool - Efficiency is the name of the game with the Leatherman Kick. Thoughtful engineering means blades are longer, sharper, and stronger. A tapped screw allows you to choose a pocket clip (sold separately) instead of a belt sheath. The Kick has the same super-strong pliers as larger Leatherman tools, but with a narrow shape and light weight. The Kick is perfect for smaller hands with big jobs to do. 420HC Clip Point Knife. Needlenose Pliers. Regular Pliers. Wire Cutters. Hard-wire Cutters. Wire Stripper. Small Screwdriver. Large Screwdriver. Phillips Screwdriver. Bottle Opener. Can Opener. 8 in | 19 cm Ruler. Stainless Steel Handles with Zytel Comfort-grip Inserts. Stainless Steel Body. Black Oxide Version Available. Lanyard Ring. Leather or Nylon Sheath. 25-year Warranty.

- Massey's Outfitters

Don't be fooled by its small, lightweight design. This clever multi-tool is loaded with a variety of components that will help get the job done. Contoured Zytel(R) handle grips provide a comfortable grip; needle nose pliers are long and slender, and gripping teeth are strong and durable. Regular pliers have been redesigned to withstand 133% more squeezing load. Three-in-one design gives you a can opener, bottle opener and wire stripper in just one blade. Other features include: two standard screwdrivers, one Phillips screwdriver, ruler and 420 stainless steel knife. New jaw design features wire cutters that can repeatedly cut 12-penny nails without getting dull. Features lanyard attachment and measures four inches at closed length; six inches at open length. Assembled in the USA with domestic and imported parts.

Leatherman Kick

The Kick has been discontinued.

The Leatherman Kick is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 12, 2012 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new multi-tool, check out the best reviewed current models.