Where to Buy
An entry level Leatherman that holds up to the company's…
An entry level Leatherman that holds up to the company's reputation.
- Belt clip makes you forget you're carrying it
- The plastic package cutter is wonderful!
- It's nice to have scissors
- The knife blade could be 1/2 inch longer
- I snapped the tip of the file, but hey, it has a warranty.
I've had the Wingman for about a year and it's been a great EDC tool. While it's not as fancy and refined as a Wave, at 1/2 the weight and a 1/3 of the cost, it's a great tool. I'm sure they used a blade that was in production for another knife, but the way the handle is made, they could have added another 1/2 inch to the blade and it still would have fit.
The plastic package opener is simply brilliant and I probably use that second to the blade. I'm seriously thinking about buying a couple more just to leave in the gloveboxes of our cars.