Great poles backed by awesome customer service. This…

Great poles backed by awesome customer service.

• Balanced
  • Strong
  • Easy adjustability
  • Comfortable strap

• None

This is as much a review about the awesome customer service I received from Leki as it is the poles themselves.

I picked up the telescoping version of the Cristallos (Ultralight SpeedLock) with a killer discount and they're the best sticks I've owned to date.

They're aluminum, right around 18 oz. and have the most comfortable rubber grips I've used. When I first got them I was sort of surprised that the strap was almost like the kind of ribbon you'd use to wrap packages. But they're SO comfortable and super strong. You can also adjust the straps for gloves with nothing more than a click on the top of the handle. They come with Leki's new SpeedLock 2 system which makes adjusting them a breeze and once they're in place they're rock solid.

But, like most everything, sometimes things happen. After about six weeks the lower portion of the pole wasn't locking in to position. I tried to fix it on my own and had some problems. I had been going through customer service HELL with Sony over a camera I had recently bought that they didn't want to repair on their dime even though I didn't damage the camera. (Side note: I've spent big money on Sony products over the years and won't buy from them again).  So I was a little hesitant to call Leki. Wasn't ready to dive back in to a bad customer service pool.

The very professional customer service rep asked what the problem was, what kind of poles they were and said she'd immediately send out replacement parts. No questions asked. Right on. And then I casually mentioned this is my third pair of Lekis and had got a ton of use out of my previous poles before they crapped out. She asked me what the problem was, what kind of poles they were and said she'd check if they had anything in stock to help.

About four days later I received a box from Leki. I thought they'd just be sending me a small replacement part. What they sent was three separate sections with speed locks so now I have backups AND two other sections that allowed me to completely refurbish my old pair. Uh...what? AWESOME.

Yeah...the speed locks I had were orange and they sent me white. Couldn't care less. I now have two rock solid sets of poles that I have confidence in and will last a long time.

So, Sony? Bite me. You saved a hundred bucks and gave up thousands.

Leki? You've earned my business for life.