Leki Khumbu Aergon SpeedLock

Quick locks, hard spikes, extra parts are available…

Price Paid: ~$100

Quick locks, hard spikes, extra parts are available over the counter, snow baskets for winter fun and games. A very good pole for a wide variety of uses.

• Durability
  • Quality construction
  • Repair parts available over the counter
  • Multi Use

• None that I have found
  • There are probably lighter poles on the market

Quick locks are easy to set and unset, much better than the twist lock in my opinion. Spikes are harder than granite and show no wear after 15 miles of hiking. Available snow baskets made this pole a good addition to my mountaineering arsenal and would probably serve well as snowshoe poles.

Handles are comfortable and the adjustment system is easy to manage even with gloves on. This is the extra strong model and still feels light to me, although I've never owned a "light weight" version.

I've had the poles for about 15 miles of alpine hiking and mountaineering and they work great.  Tough, tough, tough and built to take a beating.  These will last you a long time.

Leki Khumbu Aergon SpeedLock

The Khumbu Aergon SpeedLock has been discontinued.

The Leki Khumbu Aergon SpeedLock is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 17, 2014 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new rigid trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.