The Leki Micro Vario Carbon trekking poles are compact…

Summary

The Leki Micro Vario Carbon trekking poles are compact when folded, lightweight and have excellent grips/straps. They are great for traveling when you need to pack them in luggage.

Pros

• Compact when folded
  • Excellent grips and straps

Cons

• none

I have owned a pair of Black Diamond Distance FL trekking poles for more than two years and also have a pair of Leki Carbonlite AS XL trekking poles.

What I like about the Distance FL poles is their compact size when folded which makes them easy to pack and transport in luggage when flying.  What I like about the Carbonlite poles is the Aergon grip and shock absorbtion.

I bought the Leki Micro Vario Carbon poles to get the best of both worlds. They are nearly as compact as the Distance FL poles but have the excellent Leki Aergon grip and straps. They are not shock absorbing, but I'm willing to trade that for the weight savings.

I'm really pleased with the Micro Vario Carbon poles and plan to sell the Distance FL poles. However, I'll probably hang on to the Carbonlite AS XL poles for those times when I want shock absorbing poles.