Leki Sierra AS

Weight 10.5 oz
Length 78 - 145 cm

In 2005 my wife and I were visiting our daughter in…

Price Paid: 51 Euro

In 2005 my wife and I were visiting our daughter in London, England. While spending the day at Brighton Beach I experienced an arthritic incident in my hip joint so, not wanting to minimize anyone's fun, we started looking for some kind of walking aide. We happened into a sporting goods shop in Brighton Beach, and found the Leki "Sierra AS". The trip went off as planned and a great time was experienced by all. I might add that, thanks to the antishock feature, I never experienced any wrist pain so often associated with first time cane or staff users.

My wife and I have traveled many miles since then and whether relying on it to climb the "Spanish Steps" or using it as a camera mount at the palace of "Catherine the Great", my Leki Sierra has never failed to adapt instantly and perfectly to fit the needs of the situation. To go from soft to rigid and back I found I could make a quick motion in stride (somewhat like squeezing an orange in a juicer). Another neat trick is to use the camera nut for minute changes of up to 1/4" in height.

I 'most always carry my Leki during air travel and it's perfect for aiding legs that have been cramped in airplane seats for far to long. It is nice to know, however, that it will slide together and fit into a small suitcase for those short "puddle jumper" flights.

Whether steadying a camera for quick shot or steadying myself while negotiating a slippery trail I give the Leki "Sierra AS" my full 5 Star endorsement.

By the way I recently had that hip replaced and my Leki was the perfect aide to a swift recovery.

Visit Leki's Sierra AS page.

LEKI Sierra Anti-Shock PoleEnjoy the trek outdoors with the LEKI Sierra Anti-Shock Pole. It lets you trek or hike with better balance and footing, whether you're going downhill or uphill, and it decreases the stress on your legs and knees. Its SAS anti-shock system absorbs shock upon the pole's impact onto the ground, while its carbide tip provide better traction. The carbide tip comes with removable rubber tip so you can protect it while the pole is stored in your pack. Plus, the pole comes with interchangeable baskets, convenient when you want to trek on various terrains. So when you are venturing into snowy or muddy grounds, you can always switch to a larger basket. You can also adjust the height of the pole from 30.5 in. to 57 in. and secure the length using the SLS lock system so you can travel with just the right pole length. Along with an elegant rosewood knob is a soft foam grip that not only offers a comfortable grip, it absorbs moisture from sweating hands. So next time you go out for a backcountry trek, make sure to bring the LEKI Sierra Anti-Shock Pole.

- SunnySports

On Sale. Free Shipping. Leki Sierra Antishock Trekking Pole (Single) FEATURES of the Leki Sierra Antishock Trekking Pole (Single) Removable wooden knob unscrews to expose camera / scope mount / foam grip / nylon strap Super Lock System - strongest locking system in the world (TUV) Soft Antishock System Carbide Flextip with vulcanized rubber tip for secure use indoors or on pavement SPECIFICATIONS of the Leki Sierra Antishock Trekking Pole (Single) Weight: 10.5 oz Length: 78-145 cm

Ideal for hiking, the Leki Sierra's removable wooden knob reveals an integrated camera mount. Soften the impact and save your wrists with the LEKI Antishock Spring System. PRODUCT FEATURES: Camera mount feature SLS Locking System SAS Antishock System Interchangeable Basket System for trail and winter use Rosewood Knob with Foam grip Carbide Flex Tip Adjusts from 78-145cm

- Appalachian Outdoors

Great for birders, photographers and hikers, the Leki Sierra antishock pole provides stability, comfort and durability in a single staff.