Leki Sierra AS

Weight 10.5 oz
Length 78 - 145 cm

In 2005 my wife and I were visiting our daughter in…

Price Paid: 51 Euro

In 2005 my wife and I were visiting our daughter in London, England. While spending the day at Brighton Beach I experienced an arthritic incident in my hip joint so, not wanting to minimize anyone's fun, we started looking for some kind of walking aide. We happened into a sporting goods shop in Brighton Beach, and found the Leki "Sierra AS". The trip went off as planned and a great time was experienced by all. I might add that, thanks to the antishock feature, I never experienced any wrist pain so often associated with first time cane or staff users.

My wife and I have traveled many miles since then and whether relying on it to climb the "Spanish Steps" or using it as a camera mount at the palace of "Catherine the Great", my Leki Sierra has never failed to adapt instantly and perfectly to fit the needs of the situation. To go from soft to rigid and back I found I could make a quick motion in stride (somewhat like squeezing an orange in a juicer). Another neat trick is to use the camera nut for minute changes of up to 1/4" in height.

I 'most always carry my Leki during air travel and it's perfect for aiding legs that have been cramped in airplane seats for far to long. It is nice to know, however, that it will slide together and fit into a small suitcase for those short "puddle jumper" flights.

Whether steadying a camera for quick shot or steadying myself while negotiating a slippery trail I give the Leki "Sierra AS" my full 5 Star endorsement.

By the way I recently had that hip replaced and my Leki was the perfect aide to a swift recovery.

Visit Leki's Sierra AS page.

Great for birders, photographers and hikers, the Leki Sierra antishock pole provides stability, comfort and durability in a single staff.

The Leki Seirra Antishock Hiking Pole is so much more than just a trekking pole. The beautiful solid wood knob on the top of the Sierra Antishock Trekking Pole unscrews, so you can mount a scope, camera, or a Y-attachment for a hunting gun. SoftAntishock system absorbs impact, and the rubber tip won't click and clack on pavement and rockbed. Adjust this Leki walking staff to the right height for your legs or for that wildlife photo. Wood-Thermo Grip Wooden knob can be unscrewed to expose a threading for a camera to use as a stable platform Soft Antishock System Lite Super Lock System (SLS) offers 300+ lbs. of locking force for aggressive use Requires minimal effort to adjust and lock pole sections Three section aluminum shafts collapse to 30 inches for easy packing Long lasting Carbide Tip provides grip on outdoor surfaces Ultra Sonic Finish Included Rubber Tip for pavement or indoor use makes this a favorite among older customers or those in post-op rehabilitation Made in the Czech Republic

- OMCgear

Free Shipping. Leki Sierra Antishock Trekking Pole (Single) FEATURES of the Leki Sierra Antishock Trekking Pole (Single) Removable wooden knob unscrews to expose camera / scope mount / foam grip / nylon strap Super Lock System - strongest locking system in the world (TUV) Soft Antishock System Carbide Flextip with vulcanized rubber tip for secure use indoors or on pavement SPECIFICATIONS of the Leki Sierra Antishock Trekking Pole (Single) Weight: 10.5 oz Length: 78-145 cm

Popular with travelers and photographers worldwide, the Leki? Sierra Antishock pole brings a classic look to a modern pole.

- EMS