Leki Super Micro

I have both, the Wanderfruend AS and the Super Micro.

I have both, the Wanderfruend AS and the Super Micro. For hiking, the Wanderfruend is almost perfect for a single pole, especially going downhill. The anti-shock system helps to reduce stress on your arm and shoulders as well as your knees. I also like the medi grip handle better than the plan one of the Super Micro. The only advantage of the younger brother is it's compact. I like to take it on overseas trip because it can be easily packed in my lugguage bag.

If you don't mind spending a few minutes stripping than the Wanderfreund AS, or in my case, too many sticks around the house; go with the bigger brother. Nowadays, as my knees are getting old, I am taking the Wanderfruend on all trips because I am getting used to the stripping process.

I bought this for my wife several months ago. When…

I bought this for my wife several months ago. When compared against the bigger brother (Leki Wanderfaund AS), it's much more compact but inferior.

First, no antishock system. Second, the grip is not as comfortable, especially on a longer walk.

It's a great product, but I think the bigger brother is better.

If you've owned or used a Leki Super Micro, please share your experience.