Leki Ultralite Air Ergo

Please keep in mind that I am a newby hiker... I found…

Please keep in mind that I am a newby hiker... I found that these poles worked well beyond my expectations!! The Air Ergo grip kept my hands in control on the pole. Carbid tip showed absolutely zero signs of wear after 11 miles of the AT. I am 6'5' ... even though it was close, I still had the abilty to adjust the poles properly for my height.

These Leki® ultralite trekking poles have been improved with an even more comfortable, ergonomic grip and an easier-to-use adjustment system. New grip shape incorporates a 10° angle, keeping the pole section straight and improving compactness for storage and travel. Ergonomic corrective angle produces a neutral wrist position for optimal swing efficiency. Aluminum alloy allows the shaft walls to be thinner without losing strength, creating a 20% reduction in swing weight. Now even easier, SLS (Super Locking System) adjustment requires 40% less turning revolutions to securely lock pole sections into position. Three-section telescoping poles have a working range of 43.3 to 51.1 inches and a compact carry size of 24.5 inches. Carbide tips ensure long-lasting durability and an optimal grip on ice and rock surfaces. Flexible synthetic tips can flex up to 30°, without damaging the pole shaft.

Leki Ultralite Air Ergo

The Ultralite Air Ergo has been discontinued.

The Leki Ultralite Air Ergo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new rigid trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.