Leki Wanderfreund Antishock

Weight 9.2 oz
Length 62 - 120 cm

I have been using the Leki Wanderfreund for 3 years…

I have been using the Leki Wanderfreund for 3 years since I ruptured my quadricep tendon. Bad injury, but the Wanderfreund makes walking safe, secure, and possible. I don't leave home without it.

I modified the grip by wrapping a leather tennis grip around the handle to make the grip larger to accommodate stiff, arthritic fingers. Also, I was very impressed when I contacted Leki about a replacement for the shock absorber system. Without question or hassling me about a receipt, they sent me a replacement "on warrentee."

Outstanding product, outstanding company.

Excellent overall product, great quality, easy adjustment…

Excellent overall product, great quality, easy adjustment and would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for a minor detail.

This staff is almost too lightweight. If you are planning to purchase as a replacement for a traditional cane, please know that even when firmly planted onto the ground it can be knocked about fairly easily when on pavement, laminate flooring, and other smooth floors. I've done it numerous times.

I've hit it with my shoe while in mid stride and it goes flying, it has been bumped out of position while I'm waiting in line at the grocery store, and my large active dogs are always knocking it about.

I suffered a serious knee injury a couple of years ago and my knee joint is still loose. I purchased the staff to replace my regular cane. The anti-shock is absolutely wonderful and saves my hands from being jarred every time the tip hits the pavement. It works great on very rough ground and in the meadow behind my home, but not in deep snow.

I tried using it on the 10+ inches in my driveway, and on ice, to make it to my mailbox 300 ft away and it was just too light and the tip too small to plant firmly and keep my balance, also the handle is hard to grip with thick gloves. I have long fingers and a small palm and have no problem holding on without these gloves. The handle configuration and the anti-slip grip is excellent.

I have had my Leki walking stick with antishock spring…

I have had my Leki walking stick with antishock spring system for 6 years now. I never leave my home without it. I have considerable trouble with my spine and find that this is the perfect aid to carry for my situation. The stick is wonderfully light weight and has an antishock system which can be adjusted to the users needs. It is time to get a new one now because I also find that mine is starting to look used. I would not consider switching; this is my stick. If you have to carry a cane it might as well be something that looks equally as good as it is suitable. I received many compliments on this stick.

Visit Leki's Wanderfreund Antishock page.

Wander Europe's backcountry and farmlands with your friends and other wanderers with Leki's Wanderfreund Antishock Trekking Pole. One single trekking pole included.

- CampSaver.com

The Leki Wanderfreund antishock walking staff adds state-of-the-art stability to your explorations, whether trekking in Nepal or meandering around the neighborhood.

The Leki Wanderfreund Antishock is a single cane-style trekking pole that delivers great weight-bearing abilities and an easy but secure locking mechanism. The AergoMED Grip gives you multiple ways to hold the pole while the Super Lock System securely adjusts the length with minimal hand strength needed to open and close. Soft Antishock System offers a quiet ride with little rebound Super Lock System (SLS) offers 300+ lbs. of locking force for aggressive use Requires minimal effort to adjust and lock pole sections AergoMED rubber grip offers multiple hand positions, letting you use the Wanderfreund as a cane or a staff Three section alluminum shafts collapse to 24.4 inches for easy packing Long lasting Carbide Tip provides grip on outdoor surfaces Included Rubber Tip for pavement or indoor use makes this a favorite among older customers or those in post-op rehabilitation Made in the Czech Republic

- OMCgear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Leki Wanderfreund Antishock Trekking Pole FEATURES of the Leki Wanderfreund Antishock Trekking Pole Ultralite 16 mm / 14 mm / 12 mm HTS 6.5 Series Aluminum Shafts AergoMED grip incorporates hollow construction of Aergon grip for weight reduction; rounded shape for comfort during maximum load bearing Soft rubber surface for secure gripping and comfort Super Lock System - strongest locking system in the world (TUV) Soft Antishock System Carbide Flextip with vulcanized rubber tip for secure use indoors or on pavement Adjusts 62 - 120 cm SPECIFICATIONS of the Leki Wanderfreund Antishock Trekking Pole Weight: 9.2 oz Length: 62-120 cm