LightHeart Gear SoLong 6 Cuben
Price Paid: $575
Very large 1-person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, and the 8"carbon fiber struts in each corner give more useable space at each end. Even with a long winter down bag and on top of a thick NeoAir pad, I was nowhere close to touching either end.
The awning adds immense space to store gear and still can be set down low in bad weather. The option of zippers on both sides adds convenience without adding much weight. This model also adds two vents in the top of tent for extra venting in rainy weather.
Update: February 5, 2012
This tent is available at www.lightheartgear.com
Where to Buy
The LightHeart Gear SoLong 6 Cuben is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Or you may want to check for a dealer list or direct sales on the LightHeart Gear website.
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.
The SoLong 6 is so long, that hikers over 6'8" will fit comfortably in this tent.
- Made in America - Exclusively.
- Designed for the ‘big & tall’.
- Weight varies by options, ~ 20 oz.
- 45 inches of head room.
- 100 inches long.
- 55 inches wide in the center, tapers to 30 inches at each end.
- 8 inch bathtub floor.
- Corners are boxed off with carbon fiber stays that are sewn into the corners so that there is no possibility of the corners collapsing.
- Line Lock's on all 4 corners for precision tensioning of tent.
- Single Ridge vent.
- All seams double stitched.
- Fully seam sealed (taped).
- Requires 6 stakes, but has an additional 4 optional tie outs on the fly.
- 3-season, fully enclosed, roomy 1+ person.
- Hybrid single/double wall
- Uses a pair of trekking/hiking poles for setup (not included).
- Includes ridge pole, stuff sack and reflective tie-out cord.
- CT0.1K.08 Cuben fiber in forest green upper.
- Floor options; several weights of Cuben or silnylon.
- 1 large side entry door with 2 way zipper.
- Small vestibule to store your boots.
- The lateral ridge pole connecting the inverted trekking poles allows the entire headroom height to be usable space and makes the tent very stable under wind loads.
- There is so much room in this tent that 2 ‘regular size’ people can share it.
- Awning style fly.
- 2 doors.
- adjustable aluminum tent poles (sold separately).