LokSak aLokSak

Heavy duty waterproof plastic storage bag designed…

Summary

Heavy duty waterproof plastic storage bag designed for carrying items you want to ensure do not get exposed to the elements (rain, dust, snow, humidity, sand, etc.).

Pros

• Waterproof to 60 meters/200 ft
  • Stays pliable/soft in below freezing weather
  • Touchscreen friendly
  • Airtight to keep dust out
  • Package comes with four various sized bags
  • 6 mil plastic

Cons

• Fairly expensive for a high end "baggie"
  • Zip lock feature seems a bit weak

This write up is a complement to the LOKSAK OPSAK write up I've also provided. I originally bought these aLOKSAKs thinking they'd work for my food storage, but the food odors were coming through so I ended up going back and getting the OPSAK for that purpose.

For my 3.5-day backpacking trip, I used these aLOKSAKs for carrying the items I wanted to ensure didn't get wet (phone, wallet, map). Even though we had some rain, the waterproofness of these bags was not really tested because my backpack was either under the vestibule of my tent when it rained or I had a pack cover on.

I have mixed feelings for this particular product. For normal backpacking, especially here in Colorado, I think normal ziplock baggies work fine for this type of application and paying $10-15 is not necessary. But, for other applications such as rafting, backpacking in the Pacific NW or in the case of my buddy through hiking the Colorado Trail, the waterproofness and durability of the product are more essential.

I've only given this an Average rating because part of me wants to chalk up this product as hype while another part does see utility in certain applications.

Protect your electronics and valuables in this set of 4 waterproof, flexible, strong yet lightweight LOKSAK storage bags.

ALOKSAK storage and transport dry bags are guaranteed waterproof and have been certified to 60 meters for over 2 weeks. Leakproof products offer unparalleled water-tightness in a recloseable cost-effective bag. Most electronics can be used while protected, make great ice packs and also protect food while in a cooler. Can also be inflated to make a nice pillow or seat cushion. Limited quantity #390006. 4 SM Pack: Sizes are for 1 each, 5"x4", 4"x7", 6"x6" & 9"x6".

- Vargo Outdoors

Description of Watchful Eye Aloksak 9 x 6 Bag - 3 PackWhen it comes to storage, its you against the elements. Water, dust, humidity and air are just some of the threats to the objects you value most. Whether you need to protect important documents, preserve sensitive equipment or prevent the spread of liquids and odors, we offer the most advanced, effective and affordable storage solutions anywhere.ALOKSAK and our new barrier bag OPSAK are resealable element-proof storage bags designed for a wide range of applications and environments. The transparent bags are flexible, airtight, watertight and puncture resistant. They come in multiple sizes and can be sealed over and over again. The unique materials, closure systems and manufacturing techniques are all protected by patents and meet the most rigorous testing standards.Features9 x 6Pack of 3

- US Outdoor Store

aLokSak Bags Multisize 4pk - aLOKSAK(R) bags are resealable element-proof storage bagsfeaturing a hermetic seal. That means absolutely no water, airdust or humidity permeate the closure. Submersible beyond200 feet. Cold rated to -40 degrees F. Reusable and recyclable.

- Massey's Outfitters