Lowa Renegade II GTX Mid

Great for tooling around town in the rain or for light…

Summary

Great for tooling around town in the rain or for light hikes. These boots are a good lightweight hiker.

Pros

• Goretex lined keeps you dry
  • Rugged, durable sole
  • Good footbed

Cons

• No good on rocky terrain

I liked these boots the moment I put them on. Very well fitting, well made light hiking boot.

These are a lot lighter than the backpacking boots I was looking at — for good reason. These are not designed for backpacking, but light hiking on groomed trails. These are not a rock scrambling boot. As long as you remember that and use these boots accordingly, they will give you years of good service.

I recently took them on a relatively long (8 mile) dayhike, and while my feet were sore at the end of it, I think this is more of a conditioning issue than a problem with the boots.

I have found them to have a very good footbed, good support for my foot and ankle. Those that have issues with the performance of this boot are probably using them outside of their intended use. I had to scramble up some rocks with these and it wasn't fun. I slipped many times and I think they need to look at their sole formulation.

But other than that, I can find nothing wrong with these boots. I have not had a problem with them and don't expect to.

Great for the city or tooling around town but definitely…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: moderate dayhikes/overnites on fairly rough terrain
Break-in Period: None
Weight: ~2 pounda

Great for the city or tooling around town but definitely not for the trail. I bought my Lowa's 2 years ago and they look as if a puppy has been chewing on them after moderate use. Aside from lacking durability, they are horrendous on rocky/rooty terrain, pretty much a given in Vermont. I busted my knee open just the other day whilst scrambling up to the ridge line. They were virtually broken in when I put them on my feet and the light weight was awesome, but those 2 qualities are not all that makes a good trail boot. Unless using in the city, I would not recommend these boots for anyone considering doing a trail hike of any sort. Very disappointed in Lowa.

I've had these boots for about four years...haven't…

Use: rough trail, light pack
Break-in Period: none

I've had these boots for about four years...haven't wanted to give them up. Unfortunately I've worn the sole through and can't get away with them in the winter anymore.

Unbelievably comfortable (I do have orthopedic inserts), never a blister or a problem. They've worked for sprint-type short day hikes to multiday alpine treks. They're not good for heavy backpacks on rocky terrain though, the rocks poke through and bruise the feet very quickly.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Renegade II GTX Mid versions

In addition to the 3 women's reviews above, there are 16 reviews for other versions of the Renegade II GTX Mid. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Lowa Women's Renegade II GTX Mid, please share your experience.

Lowa Women's Renegade II GTX Mid

The Women's Renegade II GTX Mid has been discontinued.

The Lowa Women's Renegade II GTX Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2013 at Campmor.