Lowa Renegade II GTX Mid

Great for the city or tooling around town but definitely…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: moderate dayhikes/overnites on fairly rough terrain
Break-in Period: None
Weight: ~2 pounda

Great for the city or tooling around town but definitely not for the trail. I bought my Lowa's 2 years ago and they look as if a puppy has been chewing on them after moderate use. Aside from lacking durability, they are horrendous on rocky/rooty terrain, pretty much a given in Vermont. I busted my knee open just the other day whilst scrambling up to the ridge line. They were virtually broken in when I put them on my feet and the light weight was awesome, but those 2 qualities are not all that makes a good trail boot. Unless using in the city, I would not recommend these boots for anyone considering doing a trail hike of any sort. Very disappointed in Lowa.

Great for tooling around town in the rain or for light…

Summary

Great for tooling around town in the rain or for light hikes. These boots are a good lightweight hiker.

Pros

• Goretex lined keeps you dry
  • Rugged, durable sole
  • Good footbed

Cons

• No good on rocky terrain

I liked these boots the moment I put them on. Very well fitting, well made light hiking boot.

These are a lot lighter than the backpacking boots I was looking at — for good reason. These are not designed for backpacking, but light hiking on groomed trails. These are not a rock scrambling boot. As long as you remember that and use these boots accordingly, they will give you years of good service.

I recently took them on a relatively long (8 mile) dayhike, and while my feet were sore at the end of it, I think this is more of a conditioning issue than a problem with the boots.

I have found them to have a very good footbed, good support for my foot and ankle. Those that have issues with the performance of this boot are probably using them outside of their intended use. I had to scramble up some rocks with these and it wasn't fun. I slipped many times and I think they need to look at their sole formulation.

But other than that, I can find nothing wrong with these boots. I have not had a problem with them and don't expect to.

I've had these boots for about four years...haven't…

Use: rough trail, light pack
Break-in Period: none

I've had these boots for about four years...haven't wanted to give them up. Unfortunately I've worn the sole through and can't get away with them in the winter anymore.

Unbelievably comfortable (I do have orthopedic inserts), never a blister or a problem. They've worked for sprint-type short day hikes to multiday alpine treks. They're not good for heavy backpacks on rocky terrain though, the rocks poke through and bruise the feet very quickly.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Renegade II GTX Mid versions

In addition to the 3 women's reviews above, there are 16 reviews for other versions of the Renegade II GTX Mid. Read all reviews »

The Lowa Renegade II Women's Gore-Tex Wide Width Hiking Boot is our most popular boot, the Renegade, sports a new Monowrap Evo comfort construction for an even lighter, sleeker profile with a more supportive stabilizer. The slightly stiffer nylon shank provides enhanced performance for hikers who tackle more rugged terrain. Built on an exclusive LOWA women's last for optimal fit and comfort.Handcrafted in Europe. UPPER: Nubuk leather.MIDSOLE: PU Monowrap Frame, a new, patented construction technique that allows us to reduce overall boot weight while retaining important lateral stability.LINING: Seamless, waterproof GORE-TEX lining reduces hot spots. A LOWA patented design.OUTSOLE: Vibram Evo.SHANK: Full length nylon.FOOTBED: Climate control footbed with comfort perforations to improve breathability.DERBY STYLE LACING: Ensures great, customized fit.WIDTH: Women's wide, 'D' width.WEIGHT: 2 lbs.3209684655

- Campmor

New! This proven, sturdy, all-terrain, all-weather boot is sporting a new look for 2004. (Same great features from last year.) The Renegade is now available in narrow and medium widths. Built on an exclusive LOWA women's last. New! VibramA Vialta outsole, PU midsole for underfoot comfort GORE-TEXA lining: waterproof and breathable Water-repellent Nubuck leather uppers with Cordura ankle band Climate-control footbed Internal stabilizer for torsion control and ease in flex Whole and half sizes, 7-12. Whole sizes only larger than 12.

- Massey's Outfitters

CLOSEOUTS . Built to withstand all-terrain hikes, Lowa's Renegade II waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) hiking boots maintain exceptional stability and torsional control on uneven ground with a lightweight nylon shank and rugged Vibram(R) outsole. C4 tongue system with an anatomically contoured fit for natural flex and comfort. Gore-Tex(R) waterproof breathable membrane with lasted construction for better fit Polyurethane midsole for shock absorption and extra cushioning Nubuck and suede uppers Cordura(R) nylon ankle band Removable climate controlled footbed Vibram(R) rubber outsole Height: 5” Weight: 2 lb. 4 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . Slovakia.

- Sierra Trading Post

Waterproof, breathable and supportive, these low-profile, lightweight hikers tackle any terrain and any weather! Water-repellent nubuck leather uppers feature Cordura® nylon ankle bands for comfort and enhanced breathability. Gore-Tex® liners keep out the wet stuff while still allowing your feet to breathe. Contoured polyurethane midsoles with stabilizing nylon shanks provide dependable cushioning, shock-absorption and support. Aggressive Vibram® rubber outsoles deliver excellent traction on all types of terrain. Closeout.

The Lowa Renegade II GTX MID is a mid-height all terrain and all weather boot sheathed in lovely water-repellent nubuck leather with Cordura around the ankle.

- Backcountry Outlet

Lowa Women's Renegade II GTX Mid

The Women's Renegade II GTX Mid has been discontinued.

The Lowa Women's Renegade II GTX Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2013 at Campmor.