Markill Hot Rod

I did a lot of research before deciding on this model…

I did a lot of research before deciding on this model and have been absolutely pleased with its perfirmance. (My initial stove was/is an MSR Dragonfly. Great liquid fuel stove for cold weather or multiperson backpacking, but bulky and very loud.)

The Vaude Markill Hot Rod is tiny, very compact, easy to set-up, quiet, and always reliable. The piezo starter certainly is better than fumbling for matches during a cold early morning. No flair-ups whatsoever. Granted, I don't cook gourmet meals, but it certainly meets my needs when solo or dual backpacking. Although the Hot Rod isn't as popular as the MSR Pocket Rocket in the USA, I felt it was made more durable and had more features.

This is an awesome stove. I will admit it doesn't…

This is an awesome stove. I will admit it doesn't put out quite the heat some other stoves do, but when it all comes down to it, it is only a matter of about 30 seconds in boil time. The pot supports are best suited for medium size pots and are super grippy. I have never had trouble with pots sliding off. The piezo has been very reliable. At 3oz. you would be hard pressed to find a better stove for the money. Packs down super small, weighs next to nothing, and cooks fast and reliably.

If you've owned or used a Markill Hot Rod, please share your experience.

Markill Hot Rod

The Markill Hot Rod is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new compressed fuel canister stove, check out the best reviewed current models.