Markill Hot Rod

I did a lot of research before deciding on this model…

I did a lot of research before deciding on this model and have been absolutely pleased with its perfirmance. (My initial stove was/is an MSR Dragonfly. Great liquid fuel stove for cold weather or multiperson backpacking, but bulky and very loud.)

The Vaude Markill Hot Rod is tiny, very compact, easy to set-up, quiet, and always reliable. The piezo starter certainly is better than fumbling for matches during a cold early morning. No flair-ups whatsoever. Granted, I don't cook gourmet meals, but it certainly meets my needs when solo or dual backpacking. Although the Hot Rod isn't as popular as the MSR Pocket Rocket in the USA, I felt it was made more durable and had more features.

This is an awesome stove. I will admit it doesn't…

This is an awesome stove. I will admit it doesn't put out quite the heat some other stoves do, but when it all comes down to it, it is only a matter of about 30 seconds in boil time. The pot supports are best suited for medium size pots and are super grippy. I have never had trouble with pots sliding off. The piezo has been very reliable. At 3oz. you would be hard pressed to find a better stove for the money. Packs down super small, weighs next to nothing, and cooks fast and reliably.

Markill Hot Rod

The Markill Hot Rod is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new compressed fuel canister stove, check out the best reviewed current models.