Marmot Aura 2P

Floor Area 30.5 sq ft / 2.8 sq m
Tent floor Material 40d 100% Nylon Ripstop 3000 mm W/R, F/R
Tent canopy Material 20d No-See-Um-Net F/R
Tent fly Material 40d 100% Nylon Ripstop Silicon / PU 1800 mm W/R, F/R

A solid two-person tent with great ventilation, copious…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

A solid two-person tent with great ventilation, copious head space, two doors, and two large vestibules to store all of your gear.

Pros

• Two doors/two vestibules
  • Superior ventilation
  • Spacious
  • Weatherproof

Cons

• Difficult to get a taut pitch
  • Fly zippers catch
  • Stake tape incompatible with MSR GroundHogs

The Aura 2P uses a single hubbed pole (one long pole and two hubs with shorter poles attached) to create an interesting canopy shape with overhanging points at the door which create mostly dry-entry doors. The 'Knees', or bends in the poles near the end combined with these overhanging points create vertical sections along all four walls for great interior head space.

I'm glad I set up the tent at home first, because it is less than intuitive. After reading the instructions and doing it a couple of times, though, it's very simple. I wish the hubs were metal, like the MSR hubs, instead of plastic. I'm hoping they will be durable long-term.

aura2.jpg

Ventilation is great thanks to the all mesh upper. On cool, humid Arkansas mornings and chilly Oklahoma nights, condensation was never an issue. There are two side pockets on the interior at opposing corners. My partner and I are both 5'8" and we had plenty of room at our feet and heads to stow extra blankets, layers, and water bottles after the pockets filled up. I bought the separate gear loft as well after our last trip for a bit more storage (we bring lots of little things into the tent). I purchased the footprint as well, and it has kept the floor looking brand new.

The stake tape Marmot uses is a novel idea and allows for great adjustability. I was disappointed because the slits in the tape are narrow and don't open very wide. The MSR GroundHog is my go-to stake, but it is a struggle to get through the slits and I was afraid I might split the webbing. I have an MSR Hubba from which I took the included Mini GroundHogs and they work fine in the holes.

staketape.jpg

The fly and body both have jingle-free, acc. cord pulls. The fly zippers tend to snag unless pulled at the perfect angle. The weather flaps over the zipper are nylon with acc. cord running through for ridgidity, but after a few weeks in its storage bag, the fabric folds over and won't lay flat until it's lost its starch. I've slept through light rain and brief downpour, and the fly is weatherproof!

The fly, like many tents with all-mesh uppers, looked like it might be a hair short allowing splash up or winds to creep in, but even in the storms, my partner and I stayed dry and happy inside. The vestibules are big! I'm excited to take it on the trail and have plenty of room for our packs and boots.

The guy points are reflective and easily visible at night. The setup comes with guylines and tensioners (plastic unfortunately). I've found it somewhat difficult to get a solid, taut pitch on this tent. Even with all corners, the vestibules, and the short-side guylines, the "hem" of the fly it taut, but the upper fly still lacks tension. I think I will try a different point on the stake tape and even adding the corner guylines next time I setup, but I'm concerned about taking the tent into much higher winds.

Overall, I'm very happy with this tent. I see a long, usable life for it, but it is not my end all solution.

*I am an employee at Whole Earth Provision Co. in Dallas. My views do not necessarily represent the views of Whole Earth Provision Co. or its employees. I pride myself in providing unbiased reviews of products I purchase for my personal use.

Marmot Athlete Beth Rodden shows you how to set up the Aura 2 Person Tent

Visit Marmot's Aura 2P page.

Marmot Aura 2P Ultralight TentThe Marmot Aura 2P Ultralight Tent is ideal to use on your outdoor expeditions. Its DAC NSL dual-diameter poles, with eco-friendly green anodizing, keeps the structure of the shelter light, strong, and durable. With its free-standing design, this tent's process of setting up and dismantling, is hassle-free. The poles are designed as part of the Marmot knees system, which creates more internal, space while not compromising the tent's overall stability. Thanks to its color-coded, "easy pitch" clips and poles, the tent can be put up easily without any confusion. Due to the Catenary cut floor with taped seams lifted off the ground, this product is safeguarded against water, so it remains dry and clean. The optional footprint assures extra protection for the floor. Get the Marmot Aura 2P Ultralight Tent for its remarkable features to enjoy your camping excursions!

- SunnySports

On Sale. Free Shipping. Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent FEATURES of the Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent DAC NSL Dual Diameter Green Poles with Eco Friendly Green Anodizing Free-Standing Design Marmot Knees System Color Coded in.Easy Pitchin. Clips and Poles Fully Taped Floor and Fly Seams Catenary Cut Floor Bare Bones Setup Optional Footprint Reflective Guy Out Points SPECIFICATIONS of the Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent Capacity: 2 Person Floor Area: 31 square feet / 2.9 square meter Minimum Weight: 4 lbs 3 oz / 1910 g Pack Weight: 4 lbs 12 oz / 2156 g Bare Bones Weight: 3 lbs 3 oz / 1442 g Dimension: (H x W x L): 40 x 50 x 89in. / 102 x 127 x 226 cm Vestibule Area: 10.2 square feet / 0.95 square meter, 5.26 square feet / 0.49 square meter Packed Size: 27.5 x 9in. / 70 x 22 cm Number/Pole Type: 1 / DAC Featherlite NSL 9 mm Fly: 40d 100% Nylon Ripstop Silicon/PU 1800 mm W/R, F/R Canopy: 20d No-See-Um-Net F/R Floor: 40d 100% Nylon 3000 mm W/R, F/R

Marmot Aura 2P - Closeout - Now lighter weight with larger vestibule area, the creative utilization of poles in the two-person Aura helps create an extremely functional and versatile lightweight backpacking tent with a roomy vestibule for wet weather living. Color-coded poles aid in simple setup. Features DAC NSL Dual Diameter Green Poles with Eco Friendly Green Anodizing Free-Standing Design - Increase Habitability Allowing a Person to Sit-Up Marmot Knees System Color Coded "Easy Pitch" Clips and Poles - Confusion-free set up Fully Taped Floor and Fly Seams Catenary Cut Floor - Fully Waterproof Floor with Taped Seams Lifted Off the Ground Bare Bones Setup - Allows the Fly to be Used by Itself with Footprint to Make a Lightweight, Sturdy Shelter Optional Footprint - Extra Protection Under Your Tent or for Bare Bones Setup Reflective Guy Out Points Specs Maximum Weight: 4 lbs 12 oz / 2.2 kg Minimum Weight: 4 lbs 3 oz / 1.9 kg Dimensions: 40x50x89in / 102x127x226cm Packed Size: 9 x 27.5 in / 22 x 70 cm Vestibule Area: 10.2 sq ft / 0.9 sq m Tent Poles: 1 / DAC Featherlite NSL 9mm Floor Area: 31 sq ft / 2.9 sq m Tent floor Material: 40d 100% Nylon 3000mm W/R, F/R Tent canopy Material: 20d No-See-Um-Net F/R Tent fly Material: 40d 100% Nylon Ripstop Silicon/PU 1800mm W/R, F/R Sidewall Material: 40d 100% Nylon Ripstop, SiliconPU 1800mm W/R, F/R

- Massey's Outfitters

CLOSEOUTS . Functional, weatherproof and a breeze to set up, Marmotand#39;s Aura 2 tent brings positive vibes to your next backcountry trip. The mesh upper area has two doors and vestibules, and the hubbed pole configuration is strong, stable and lightweight. Available Colors: PALE PUMPKIN/TERRACOTTA, VINTAGE ORANGE.

- Sierra Trading Post