Marmot DriClime Vest

men's
Weight 6 oz / 170.1 g
Main Material 100% Polyester DWR 1.5 oz / yd

Great vest, but hard to find. I am 5'11", weigh about…

Summary

Great vest, but hard to find.

Pros

• Stylish (Black)
  • Adjustable bottom drawstring

Cons

• Discontinued - hard to Find
  • Material can be torn

I am 5'11", weigh about 210 lbs, and am normally an XL person. I purchased one of these vests in 2007/2008 in a Large, fit me well. An incident happened where I was falling, and my hands were in my pockets. In trying to get my right hand out to catch myself, I ripped the main fabric starting in the pocket. A total write-off of the vest.

I purchased another at a local store. The associate said the newer one (2009) didn't fit as loose as the older model. I ignored his advice, and while it fit, it always was a tight fit, particularly around the arms. I went looking for an XL recently, and found a 2011 version. Slight difference in the lining around the armpits, but nice fit, great jacket. In black, it complements any shirt I am wearing, giving me more style combinations (good when travellng light).

It keeps me warmer—layers well, often I only need to add a breathable windbreaker or a long shirt to get by in 45-65 degree San Francisco weather. Lightweight, great material, breathes well, comfortable, perfect for travel and looks great. Discontinued from manufacturer, very hard to find.

Recently picked up a Windshirt version—same material with sleeves, but to my dismay, no pockets. I wish I could get another vest to have for the future.

Visit Marmot's Men's DriClime Vest page.

Whether you're strolling the riverfront or hiking urban trails in the mist, the long, hooded Gwyn with its clean, feminine shape keeps you dry in style.

- REI refers to the men's version

Marmot Womens Gwyn Jacket - Sale - A stroll along the Gunk's Carriage Road or a late night jaunt in the City's cold and fickle early spring nights - the Gwyn's fully seam-taped, two-layer construction and Guardian(TM) fabric ensures both waterproof protection and breathability to keep you dry and comfortable. This hooded beauty has a clean, feminine shape and adjustable button cuffs. Feature List 100% seam taped 2-layer construction, Adjustable Button Cuffs, Attached Adjustable Hood, Internal Zippered Pocket, Marmot Guardian(TM) Waterproof/Breathable Fabric, Zippered Hand Pockets Main Materials Guardian(TM) 100% Polyester Twill 4.5 oz/yd Center Back Length (Base of neck to bottom of hem) 30.5in Fit Regular Fit Weight 1lbs 4.3oz (575.5g)

- Massey's Outfitters refers to the men's version

A stroll along the Gunk's Carriage Road or a late night jaunt in the City's cold and fickle early spring nights - the Gwyn's fully seam-taped, two-layer construction and Guardian(TM) fabric ensures both waterproof protection and breathability to keep you dry and comfortable. This hooded beauty has a clean, feminine shape and adjustable button cuffs. Marmot(R) Guardian(TM) Waterproof/Breathable Fabric . 100% seam taped 2-layer construction . Adjustable Attached Hood . Zippered Hand Pockets . Internal Zippered Pocket . Adjustable Button Cuffs

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version

The Marmot Men's DriClime Vest will be your staple layer from early spring through the summer and fall. Lined with DriClime wicking baselayer all around, this Marmot core-warmer has a windproof Banshee nylon front and a DWR finish to shed light rain, and a breathable back panel keeps you from overheating. Perfect as a skinning layer for uphill spring tours, or as an outer shell for early morning runs, the DriClime Vest weighs just 8oz and packs small when temps rise.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version