Marmot DriClime Vest

Great vest, but hard to find. I am 5'11", weigh about…

Summary

Great vest, but hard to find.

Pros

• Stylish (Black)
  • Adjustable bottom drawstring

Cons

• Discontinued - hard to Find
  • Material can be torn

I am 5'11", weigh about 210 lbs, and am normally an XL person. I purchased one of these vests in 2007/2008 in a Large, fit me well. An incident happened where I was falling, and my hands were in my pockets. In trying to get my right hand out to catch myself, I ripped the main fabric starting in the pocket. A total write-off of the vest.

I purchased another at a local store. The associate said the newer one (2009) didn't fit as loose as the older model. I ignored his advice, and while it fit, it always was a tight fit, particularly around the arms. I went looking for an XL recently, and found a 2011 version. Slight difference in the lining around the armpits, but nice fit, great jacket. In black, it complements any shirt I am wearing, giving me more style combinations (good when travellng light).

It keeps me warmer—layers well, often I only need to add a breathable windbreaker or a long shirt to get by in 45-65 degree San Francisco weather. Lightweight, great material, breathes well, comfortable, perfect for travel and looks great. Discontinued from manufacturer, very hard to find.

Recently picked up a Windshirt version—same material with sleeves, but to my dismay, no pockets. I wish I could get another vest to have for the future.

If you've owned or used a Marmot DriClime Vest, please share your experience.