Marmot DriClime Vest

Great vest, but hard to find. I am 5'11", weigh about…

Summary

Great vest, but hard to find.

Pros

• Stylish (Black)
  • Adjustable bottom drawstring

Cons

• Discontinued - hard to Find
  • Material can be torn

I am 5'11", weigh about 210 lbs, and am normally an XL person. I purchased one of these vests in 2007/2008 in a Large, fit me well. An incident happened where I was falling, and my hands were in my pockets. In trying to get my right hand out to catch myself, I ripped the main fabric starting in the pocket. A total write-off of the vest.

I purchased another at a local store. The associate said the newer one (2009) didn't fit as loose as the older model. I ignored his advice, and while it fit, it always was a tight fit, particularly around the arms. I went looking for an XL recently, and found a 2011 version. Slight difference in the lining around the armpits, but nice fit, great jacket. In black, it complements any shirt I am wearing, giving me more style combinations (good when travellng light).

It keeps me warmer—layers well, often I only need to add a breathable windbreaker or a long shirt to get by in 45-65 degree San Francisco weather. Lightweight, great material, breathes well, comfortable, perfect for travel and looks great. Discontinued from manufacturer, very hard to find.

Recently picked up a Windshirt version—same material with sleeves, but to my dismay, no pockets. I wish I could get another vest to have for the future.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Men's DriClime Vest, please share your experience.

Marmot Men's DriClime Vest

The Marmot Men's DriClime Vest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 11, 2013 at REI.

If you're looking for a new wind shell vest, check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 6 oz / 170.1 g