Marmot Helium

Shape Mummy
Max User Height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm
Hip Girth 58 in / 147 cm
Foot Girth 38 in / 96 cm

I have primarily used this bag in northern summers,…

Design: left zip mummy

I have primarily used this bag in northern summers, as an all purpose bag. I have spent two summers of trip leading sleeping it it all summer in Maine and Wisconsin/Minnesota, while also pushed its limits in October in northern MN and January in the Grand Canyon. I recently got a Sea to Sumit 8L dry sack for it, which it fits in perfectly. These bags are not submersible, and take the place of the garbage-bag-in-a-stuff-sack combo in my pack.

The only time I've ever felt the cold in this bag was through my ground pad when I needed something more than a short 3-season Therm-a-rest. My last night in the Grand Canyon I slept out under the stars and had ice form on the top of my bag and didn't know it until I crawled out in the morning.

Most recently I stuffed this bag inside my zero degree bag and slept out in -15 degree weather and stayed warm.

I was so excited about my Marmot Helium, the weight,…

I was so excited about my Marmot Helium, the weight, the fit, and the size of it. It worked well for me on the first few trips out and nearly for the first year. I began to notice that some feathers were coming out, although I couldn't find a hole. I called customer service, and they weren't much help. Told me to wash it and how, which I did, following their directions.

I took the bag on a trip in the Wind River range, into some 15 to 20 degree temps and spent all seven nights miserable due to the cold. I called again and sent it back to them, along with the money they required to wash it and add new down. After several weeks with no bag, I received it with two ounces of down added. So I was ready to go again...I thought.

On the next trip in February in West Virginia, I was warmer, but I woke to a bag soaked with water. My husband was dry in his bag beside me. I called Marmot again, and they told me to treat it with Grangers.

What good is their warranty? Useless for me. Waste of my money. I will be looking for a better bag and a better product than this.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Helium versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 13 reviews for other versions of the Helium. Read all reviews »

Visit Marmot's Helium page.

Marmot Helium Sleeping Bag- Womens Regular For three-season backpacking and camping, the simple Marmot Womens Helium has proven itself to be a dirt-tough, super warm sleeping bag. At two pounds, its considered an ultralight bag, but astonishingly, it packs down to a size smaller than a loaf of bread. Hows that for tiny A side blocked below end of zipper keeps the down evenly distributed and a classic trapezoidal foot box creates more foot room while keeping tight and cozy. Its designed for women, so its smaller in areas that women are generally smaller, with tough construction to last for years. FeaturesTemperature rating 15 degrees F -9 degrees CWomens Mummy shapeZipper option LZ Shell material Pertex Quantum N-090 RipstopLining Pertex Quantum N-090 TaffetaInsulation 900-Fill Goose Down Weight 1 lb 13 oz 822 gRegular 56Smaller and shorter zipperHood draw cord positioned for easy accessDown filled draft tube eliminates cold leaks through the zipperZipper guards repel biting zipper cords

- US Outdoor Store

Sized for a woman's body and made with meticulously-cleaned and sorted 850-fill goose down for an exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio, the highly efficient Marmot Helium sleeping bag provides warm comfort at around 15 degrees, packs down incredibly small and weighs in at 1 pound 13 ounces.

- Mountain Gear

Remarkably light and compact, the Marmot Women's Helium 15 Sleeping Bag delivers impressive insulation. Use it as a three-plus season bag to substantially reduce your load while backpacking and mountaineering. The Women's Helium has more insulation than unisex bags in critical areas of heat loss hood, core of body and foot box. The Helium also has a women's specific fit cut to contour to a woman's body.

- CampSaver.com

The Marmot Women's Helium adds insulation where women need it most. It's ideal for lightweight mountaineering and backpacking. Women's specific fit reduces dead air space and offers more insulation in key areas to keep you warmer Nylon Silicone DWR is lightweight and highly compressible while providing water and wind resistance Nautilus 6-baffle hood uses the same construction as their 8000m down jacket, it wraps comfortably to keep you warm Hood draw cord with Velcro(R)-free face muff snugs to keep your face warm Full-length zipper allows easy entry, exit and venting options Down-filled draft tube eliminates cold leaks through the zipper Ground-level side seams top layer wraps fully around the body creating a warm layer of down 6 in (15.24 cm) loft provides warmth Classic Trapezoidal Foot box is roomy and matches the natural shape of your feet Stretch Tricot Baffles increase the life of the bag, allowing it to be stuffed and unstuffed without tearing the baffle material Zipper guard keeps zippers tracking smoothly and prevents the draft tube from getting caught in the zipper 58/38 in (147.32/96.52 cm) shoulder/foot girth Insulated draft tube eliminates cold leaks through the zipper Stuff sack and large volume storage sack included Filled and finished in Santa Rosa, California European Norm (EN) independently rates this bag at 19deg F (-7.2deg C) Comfort, 6.3deg F (-14.3deg C) Lower, -29.9deg F(-34.4deg C) Extreme

- OMCgear

Marmot Women's Helium

The Marmot Women's Helium is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 8, 2013 at Mountain Gear.