Marmot Rockstar Pant

Weight 11.4 oz / 323.2 g
Main Material Softshell Double Weave 86% Nylon 14% Elastane 5.0 oz / yd

I had originally purchased the Marmot Screes, which…

Pros

• Clean Look
  • Functional

I had originally purchased the Marmot Screes, which are made of the same Marmot M-3 fabric, and sent them back due to the fit. They just hung too loose in the legs for me and I was looking for something more low-profile for my first pair of softshell pants. The Rockstars fit the bill perfectly.

Easily the best pair of pants I've ever hiked in. If you can find them online in the right size I'd definitely suggest making the purchase.

The four-way stretch is remarkable, the fit is clean and athletic, they shed light rain, provide excellent wind blocking protection and while the material isn't thick, I've been comfortable in cold weather with just an expedition weight base layer.  I fully expect to have these pants for many years of hard wear and when they've finally hiked their last mile I'll replace them with another pair of Marmot softshells.

Can't believe I waited so long to add softshell pants to my gear. I'm hooked.

tr1.jpg

Comfortable, non-baggy, stretchy pants to use in all…

Summary

Comfortable, non-baggy, stretchy pants to use in all 3-season activities.

Pros

• Non-baggy fit, even for a guy with giant calves.
  • Stretch elastic in pant gives better than any other pant.
  • COMFORTABLE!!!
  • Lightweight: size 38 is 12.4 oz.

Cons

• No biggy, but Marmot fits large for the size. Normally a 40 but needed a 38.

I have seached for a pant like this to complement my Railrider Eco-mesh hot weather pants, but in a stretchier material.  Andrew Skurka writes about stretchy pants in his book for his extreme treks.  I am not THAT ambitious, but am embracing many of his concepts for my hiking style.  As of now, these pants and the Eco-mesh are my two default pants for 3-season trips as I bought a second pair.  I like the Rockstar pants for mountainous country and the Eco-mesh for deserts.

I can wear these pants alone or with thermals underneath and shells or insulated pants over.  They seem very breathable for "softshells" as they are lightweight, but they lack the Eco-mesh's side vents for Texas summers.  They seem very durable for a light fabric.  I have a couple of pinholes in one of my Rockstars from some nasty briars in an offtrail mini adventure, but considering the abuse I pushed them through, they held together quite well and look to be durable.

I love its belt loops as I always wear a belt.  The pockets are small and not ideal as a travel pant, but perfect for hiking.  I only hope that they will work for me at the end of my over 50 pound weight loss endeavour for which I have knocked off over 25 pounds.

Visit Marmot's Rockstar Pant page.

Marmot Rockstar Pant - Closeout - Awesome versatility, rugged good looks, and a born performer; this pant really is a rock star! Lightweight, stretchy, and cut for freedom of movement, our M3 softshell fabric blocks wind and repels water, but breathes easily to keep you comfortable all day long. Features Marmot M3 Softshell Water Repellent and Breathable - Ideal for Aerobic Activity and Sheds Water 4-Way Stretch Fabric Hand Pockets - For Convenience Back Zip Pocket - To Secure Small Items Thigh Pocket with Concealed Zipper Snap Closure and Zip Fly Articulated Knees - Design Feature to Reduce Excess Fabric and Improve Mobility Belt Loops - Are There In Case You Need Them

- Massey's Outfitters

On Sale. Free Shipping. Marmot Men's Rockstar Pant FEATURES of the Marmot Men's Rockstar Pant Marmot M3 Softshell Water Repellent and Breathable 4-Way Stretch Fabric Hand Pockets Back Zip Pocket Thigh Pocket with Concealed Zipper Snap Closure and Zip Fly Articulated Knees Belt Loops SPECIFICATIONS of the Marmot Men's Rockstar Pant Weight: 11.4 oz / 323.2 g Material: Softshell Double Weave 86% Nylon 14% Elastane 5.0 oz/yd Regular fit

Marmot Rockstar Pant for MenExpress your unique style with the Marmot Rockstar Pant for Men. This Marmot pant is made with M3 softshell double weave (86% nylon 14% elastane 5.0 oz.) and comfortable to the skin. Since this pant is water-repellent and breathable, it is ideal for aerobic activity, helping you shed water or sweat. The 4-way stretch fabric lets you walk or exercise without any discomfort. The pant comes with hand pockets for your added convenience during cold days or to put your valuables in, when you need to keep them close to you. With the back zip pocket and the thigh pocket with concealed zipper, you are able to secure small items. The snap closure and zip fly make this pant very convenient to use. Thanks to the articulated knees design, it reduces excess fabric and improves mobility. Wear the Marmot Rockstar Pant for Men on your next training workout or for everyday use.

- SunnySports

Awesome versatility, rugged good looks, and a born performer; this pant really is a rock star! Lightweight, stretchy, and cut for freedom of movement, our M3 softshell fabric blocks wind and repels water, but breathes easily to keep you comfortable all day long. Marmot M3 Softshell. Water Repellent and Breathable. 4-Way Stretch Fabric. Hand Pockets. Back Zip Pocket. Thigh Pocket with Concealed Zipper. Snap Closure and Zip Fly. Articulated Knees. Belt Loops.Softshell Double Weave 86% Nylon 14% Elastane 5.0 oz/yd.11.4 oz (323.2g).

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Marmot Men's Rockstar Pant

The Marmot Men's Rockstar Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 1, 2014 at Massey's Outfitters.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.