MontBell Eldo Jacket

I was first turned on to MontBell about a year ago…

Fabric: Polkatex (Montbell proprietary fabric)
Fill: Exceloft (Montbell proprietary fill)

I was first turned on to MontBell about a year ago by a friend. I bought one of their down sleeping bags and loved it. When I went looking for a jacket, I tried to find 2 things: warm and light/compact. This jacket delivers on both!

The jacket weighs only 13 ounces and I can barely tell I'm wearing it. There is hardly any bulk to this jacket and the fit is perfect. It stuffs into an included stuff sack that's about the size of a Nalgene bottle.

As for warmth, it's just as warm as my 650 down jacket. The exterior is MontBell's proprietary Polkatex with a DWR finish, which is awesome. I am not sure you could buy a better jacket of this type. If you are looking for warm and light, definitely consider this jacket. The only drawback I can see is the lack of a hood.

Cheat seasonal chills with Mont-Bell'sleading-edge, mid-weight insulated Eldo Jacket that sports a highly windproof exterior, 100-wash rated DWR and quick to dry synthetic insulation. Consider this your fully loaded general outdoor solution. Light in weight and reasonably compact, the Mont-Bell Eldo Jacket is city stylish and backcountry savvy.

- CampSaver.com

MontBell Eldo Jacket

The Eldo Jacket has been discontinued.

The MontBell Eldo Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 23, 2011 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.