I love this piece of gear! It's very light and packs…

Fabric: pertex

I love this piece of gear! It's very light and packs down to the size of your fist. I take this jacket with me on every backpacking trip. I wear it whenever I want wind protection but do not need rain protection.

I have had too many times that my Gore-Tex jacket would not breath enough to keep me dry on cooler weather hikes. I would wind up wet on the inside of my jacket from perspiration.

This jacket stops the wind and holds warmth in while breathing enough to keep you dry when backpacking. As a result, I don't have to keep fiddling with pit zips and core vents and all other sorts of ventilation. I just let the jacket breath for me.

This jacket is NOT waterproof, but it will shed a drizzle. If the jacket does get wet, drying time is next to nothing since the fabric is so thin.

Since the fabric is very thin, I would be hesitant to take it bushwhacking. A stray branch or two would be fine, but be careful not to tear it.

Many backpackers fight the urge to cut their weight versus carrying extra gear. This piece of gear weighs less than 6 ounces, so unless you're a total gram weenie you can take this one with you.