I used this jacket on the John Muir Trail in the late…

I used this jacket on the John Muir Trail in the late summer of 2009. At Silver Pass we got rained on for 24 straight hours. The jacket and peak rain pants held up well and kept me dry.

I also used them in the Grand Canyon in December of 2008 on a walk down South Kaibab to Phantom Ranch and back out Bright Angel. They worked well over the Mont Bell Alpine Light Down Parka to shed wind which was blowing at 40 mph with temperatures near zero. In summer under exertion they will cause sweating however the pit zips work well to dissipate it.

I also like the compact storage bags Mont Bell provides with all of their outerwear garments. It makes it much easier to backpack with.

MontBell Peak Shell

The Peak Shell has been discontinued.

The MontBell Peak Shell is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 10, 2010 at Vargo Outdoors.

Aqua-Bound Sting Ray Carbon Review