MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #5

Max user height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder girth 53 - 75 in / 130 - 190 cm 57 - 81 in / 140 - 210 cm
Knee girth 44 - 62 in / 110 - 160 cm 47 - 67 in / 120 - 170 cm
Price $139.00 USD $154.00 USD

It's not as compact as down, but it is light, small,…

Price Paid:

Summary

It's not as compact as down, but it is light, small, and as warm as advertised. The spiral stitching holds the bag close to keep you warm, yet allows full and easy flopping around, which I do.

Pros

• Light weight
  • Fit
  • Breathes
  • Price

I bought this bag for late spring to early fall backpack and bikepacking trips. Budget, size, weight and warmth were the key factors. Down was out of my range.

I compared several similar bags in stores and the Montbell stood out as the clear leader. The bag sleeps just as advertised. Good for me to 35deg if I have on a light pair of long johns. It breathes as well as any other bag I have tried. The spiral stitch makes a huge difference in comfort and being able to move around in what is effectively a mor snug bag. I'm 6'1 with large feet and the long bag is perfect.

I've spent more than 50 nights in the bag with no signs of wear or break down. For the price, pack size and weight it is a great bag.

MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #5

The MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 22, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.