MontBell U.L. Down Inner Jacket

I love this jacket. It did not fail me on a 10-day…

Fill: 800 fill down

I love this jacket. It did not fail me on a 10-day backpacking trip to Yosemite in May. I used it during freezing temperatures (probably around 20 degrees Fahrenheit), and it worked well. I also had a fleece sweater, a Marmot Precip Jacket, and some Under Armor. However, if you feel chilly, this beat everything I had to give some warmth.

It's probably not as warm as a jacket twice its size and 800 fill, but it is very light and warm. It's hard to believe that something so warm could fit into such a small and light package. I usually used it under my Precip Jacket, so I don't have many pics of it, but I did wear it to a restaurant. :-)

This U.L. Down Inner Jacket from MontBell is everything…

Fabric: 15 denier Ballistic Airlight nylon
Fill: 725 down

This U.L. Down Inner Jacket from MontBell is everything the other reviewers said.

The down really springs back to full loft, more than anything except my U.L Super Stretch Down Hugger #7 sleeping bag and Alpine Down Jacket from MontBell. I think their down is superior to anything I have owned.

This jacket is 7.4 oz. overall and feels like it is not even in the packsack. I have to look, yes, it's in there !

This inner jacket length has the length for the coverage I look for in warm wear.

The fabric is silky soft, and also wind resistant.

Their description says this fabric has high tear strength and good abrasion resistence.

I will add, the durability is ample if you take care of your stuff. I will not be crawling through any barbwire fences.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All U.L. Down Inner Jacket versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 7 reviews for other versions of the U.L. Down Inner Jacket. Read all reviews »

MontBell Women's U.L. Down Inner Jacket

The Women's U.L. Down Inner Jacket has been discontinued.

The MontBell Women's U.L. Down Inner Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 24, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.