MontBell U.L. Super Spiral Down Hugger #5

Max user height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder girth 53 - 75 in / 130 - 190 cm 57 - 81 in / 140 - 210 cm
Knee girth 44 - 62 in / 110 - 160 cm 47 - 67 in / 120 - 170 cm
Price $244.00 USD $264.00 USD

Lightweight, but comfortable down bag that packs down…

Price Paid: $160 on sale

Summary

Lightweight, but comfortable down bag that packs down small.

Pros

• Down filled, very light in my pack

Cons

• Down could be a problem if it gets wet

My husband and I bought these bags 3 years ago and have taken them on backcountry trips due to their comfort and weight. Although they are rated at 40 degrees, I have slept in mine when it was 31 degrees and did not get cold. My husband is larger and taller though and says that he does get cold sometimes because there is less "dead air space" when he is zipped up inside. I am short enough that I can put my little inflatable down pillow in the bag and I am not chasing it all night as it stays in the hood. He can't say the same. I am 5'4" and he is 5'11".

We do wash them and put them in the dryer with tennis balls to keep them puffy after a trip. So far no problems with construction. They are well-made and they do "hug" you all night due to the spiral design of the bag.

Love this bag. Quality construction, no cold spots,…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Love this bag.

Pros

• Super light
  • Packs small
  • Stretchy

Cons

• No draft tube

Quality construction, no cold spots, packs down small. I use this with a Sea to Summit 15 degree liner and it's a perfect two-season bag.

I bought this sleeping bag for Philmont this summer.

I bought this sleeping bag for Philmont this summer. I love theĀ  18oz weight but I was concerned about the temperature rating of 40 degrees, would that be warm enough for the nights at Philmont. At Philmont they require you to have sleep clothes, mine are capilene tops and bottoms # 2 I believe.

I did a shakedown hike at Oak Mountain State Park in AL. The first night temps got in the low 30's and I was toasty as I could be! What a great bag! It had plenty of stretch in it, as I tend to move around quite a bit.

The next night was in the 40's and I left it partially unzipped because i was too hot!I highly recommend this bag .

MontBell U.L. Super Spiral Down Hugger #5

The MontBell U.L. Super Spiral Down Hugger #5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 10, 2014 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new warm weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.