MontBell U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5

At first I didn't see the need to own a super light…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 800 fill down (90% goose down, 10% goose feather)
Temperature Rating: 40 deg Farenheight
Weight: 18 ounces

At first I didn't see the need to own a super light sleeping bag. After moving to Northern Virginia and spending a few warm summer nights in the wilderness, my 3lb+ 15 degree sleeping was too hot and uncomfortable to sleep in.

After doing a lot of research and finding the best deal, I came across the MontBell U.L. S.S. Hugger. Before I even hit the trail, I was extremely impressed by the stuff size. This sleeping bag is literally the size of a Nalgene 32 oz water bottle, about 1/6 the size of my 15 degree bag.

After a long humid hike to the camp site, I had my first night in the Hugger. The temperature was a steady 65 degrees. I slept great; not too hot or too cold.

It is thinner for obvious reasons, so having a comfy sleeping pad is a must. I use a Z-Rest which is perfect for myself, but would recommend an air mattress for those who aren't comfortable sleeping on rocky/bumpy ground.

MontBell U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5

The U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5 has been discontinued.

The MontBell U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 17, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new warm weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.