MontBell U.L. Thermawrap Jacket - Women's

Great for backcountry travel and a winter mid-layer.

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

Great for backcountry travel and a winter mid-layer.

Pros

• Warmth to weight
  • Long enough in back
  • Good layering piece

Cons

• Pockets don't zip if wearing as outer layer
  • Separate stuff sack
  • Stretchy cuff can rip easily (but helps fit)

I bought this jacket for an insulating layer for backpacking for work in the Central Sierra Nevadas. It gets cold at night and I needed a jacket that wasn't fleece, that I could cook in, sleep in, and put on in the mornings.

This jacket is long enough in the torso (I have a longer torso) and in the arms (some other brands are too short in the arms). Of course right after I bought this, the slightly heavier version of this, the Thermawrap BC Jacket, with zip pockets came out. If I could make a purchasing decision again, I would have leaned more toward the Thermawrap BC in terms of functionality as an outer layer in the backcountry.

For skiing in general, I liked the warmth and wicking properties of this jacket in colder weather under a shell. I paired this with the Rab Latok Jacket and this system is my favorite for colder days doing front and slackcountry skiing.

Down sweaters don't wick in the armpits and chest/back for me. The Montbell UL Thermawrap did.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All U.L. Thermawrap Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 7 reviews for other versions of the U.L. Thermawrap Jacket. Read all reviews »

MontBell Women's U.L. Thermawrap Jacket

The Women's U.L. Thermawrap Jacket has been discontinued.

The MontBell Women's U.L. Thermawrap Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 13, 2015 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review